The day surfing died in San Diego

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
bet u could get away with surfing hogans

sure is a damn coincidence that the first day in 2 weeks that its glassy with swell - but its the first day of official beach closure

• Sad
Reactions: Eunice

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
CBS8: Police enforces beach closures in San Diego
“We need 100% compliance from the public. Officers will be continuing education, but moving to enforcement. Working together we will defeat this virus.” SDPD Cheif David Nisleit said as he discusses how his department will address the closures and compliance.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Just got back from a bike ride down Sunset Cliffs Blvd. from OB to Ladera. Cops enforcing all parking lots and crowds. Saw two guys in the water the whole way.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Fck, that really sucks. The irony being that it's the responsible people (all the erBBers) who suffer when barneys break the rules.

Just waiting for that to happen here. I've surfed I few times, but waves have sucked. Wish we could get a good swell before they close everything (which I think will happen at some point)

Mar 24, 2020
Eddie would go....
The people are going to have to draw the line in the sand before we have to ask permission. This stuff isnt going to be rolled back later...psychological warfare. Will the police actually pepper spray somebody for going surfing? Do you want to live in that country?
Let the people who fear death self isolate. Dont fear the reaper. Fear fascism

Mar 24, 2020
Dora wouldnt be asking permission. Ocean is freedom. Surfers have lost their edge....
Bowing down to babylon because they peepeed their panties with fear.....we are all born to die. Wake up america

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
2 weeks of swell on the way... its gonna be hard to keep surfers out of the water if the waves get good.

On top of that, surfing doesnt seem to be a way of spreading the virus unless you're down wind from someone that has it and they are coughing heavily in your direction. On top of that, the person (that would hypothetically have it), would have to be A-symptomatic otherwise they would be sick as a dog and not surfing. So anyone that feels well enough to surf either (a) doesnt have the virus, or (b) is A-symptomatic and could spread the virus, but like i said... you would have to be downwind from him coughing (airbrorne contamination) or he would have to sneeze on you (droplet contamination).

Everyone usually surfs alone anyways and nobody wants to be any closer than 6ft with anyone in the water (even a friend). I dont see the problem. Surfing is one of the few activities that does not involve close contact with anyone.

I say the governor makes a brief speak that says beaches are closed and no gatherings on the sand, but the any water activities are permitted so long as compliance with 6ft social distancing.

Mar 24, 2020
Its not supposed to make sense. Its about controlling you. Making you obedient to orders and dictates from goverment. The humans that occupied america 20 years ago would gave refused to lie down. They would have risen gloriously and reminded the civil servants whst happens when a pissed off populace is stirred to action...

Reactions: Ifallalot
Mar 24, 2020
Now everybody trust big brother with their lives....and their childrens lives.....and their childrens children's lives.
Domestic dogs vs wolves.
Jungle vs zoo

Mar 24, 2020
Some of us tried to tell you all what was happening back then too, butyou all came up with rhetoric of fear, called us cute little insulting names and told us to put our tin foil hats back on while you marched into oblivion....