The day surfing died in San Diego

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I trained BJJ for years and competed in tournaments and have medals to show for it.

I am not just pulling stuff out my ass
Ok. None of what you said about higher belts getting butthurt at lower belts for “trying“ has ever been an issue where I train and nor at any of the numerous gyms I‘ve visited.

From what you have written here it seems like you have no idea what you‘re talking about.

Maybe you just trained with a bunch of douchebags.

• Haha
Reactions: laidback

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Just agree to disagree. Please. This aint the BJJ/wrestling forum.
Whether you had a beer with him once or not, Tudor- from his own social media response- sure seems like a self centered, delusional, paranoid, unintelligent jackass on this issue. Maybe he is a great guy IRL, and just thinks it's funny to be a hypocrite, troll, and a jerk online. Maybe he thinks he's the modern-day keyboard Dora. So edgy! Whatever. On this one, it seems irresponsible given how many followers he has.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
3 guys out at 1st a half hour ago. I just went back to the cam and they're gone. I gotta check the cam rewind to see where they disappeared too.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Just agree to disagree. Please. This aint the BJJ/wrestling forum.
Whether you had a beer with him once or not, Tudor- from his own social media response- sure seems like a self centered, delusional, paranoid, unintelligent jackass on this issue. Maybe he is a great guy IRL, and just thinks it's funny to be a hypocrite, troll, and a jerk online. Maybe he thinks he's the modern-day keyboard Dora. So edgy! Whatever. On this one, it seems irresponsible given how many followers he has.
He's not responsible for what his followers take from his posts

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
3 guys out at 1st a half hour ago. I just went back to the cam and they're gone. I gotta check the cam rewind to see where they disappeared too.

saw a bunch of cop cars on the county line cam earlier..looks like they split and people are still heading out. Was a few out at Topanga too that have now disappeared. doesnt look worth it today anyways.

tbuc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2006
saw a bunch of cop cars on the county line cam earlier..looks like they split and people are still heading out. Was a few out at Topanga too that have now disappeared. doesnt look worth it today anyways.
Out for a drive with the GF on Sunday afternoon. At county line there were a bunch of kite surfers out and the wind was howling. Fair amount of people on the beach considering.

What was unusual were the amount of cars in the pull outs between Mugu rock and county. Plenty of people taking in the day and watching the sun set from the big sand dune especially.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I’d be interested to see court cases about instances like this.

Much like you can’t yell “FIRE” in a crowded theater there may be interpretations to behavior online.
nearest approximation to this I can think of in the US is the civil litigation with Alex Jones. At least that isn't the government going after him.

The Chinese gov't are instituting the stuff you're suggesting here, which I think is about as Orwellian as you can get with social media.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You realize you cannot yell fire in a crowd right?

That isn’t protected by 1A.

Do you actually know what the 1A is and what it protects???
And a surfer's social media statements are nothing compared to the clear and present danger of yelling fire in a crowded theatre.

Get real

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
:cool: North County Hanalei is glassy with a wee bit of brown water still with quick lil 2 to 4 foot runners this AM but, we're do for more rain over the weekend. :shaka:

fyi: Barca, has been training with Bruno Ewald for years here. Bruno's lil gym is just down the street from where I live. If Bruno isn't at his job of painting homes, then he's in his gym or with family. He trains kids as well as adults, but he's being pro-active right now in social distancing due to this virus.

By HNN Staff | April 1, 2020 at 11:52 AM HST - Updated April 2 at 5:54 AM
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state is reporting 34 new coronavirus cases Wednesday, in the highest one-day total since the pandemic began. The cases bring the statewide total to 258.
There were no additional deaths reported.
However, officials on Wednesday did confirm that the state’s first coronavirus-related death was “consistent with and was likely caused by coronavirus" rather than because of other health issues.
State Health Director Bruce Anderson said the patient, a senior citizen on Oahu whose death was announced Tuesday, had recently traveled to Las Vegas and is believed to have been exposed there.
Here’s the county-by-county breakdown with Wednesday’s new cases:
  • Oahu: 182 (25 new)
  • Maui: 26 (1 new)
  • Big Island: 18 (3 new)
  • *Kauai: 12 (0 new)*
  • Pending: 18 (5 new)
  • Diagnosed out of state: 2 (0 new)
There have been more than 10,000 coronavirus tests conducted statewide.
Meanwhile, a least 15 coronavirus patients have required hospitalization so far.

Be vigilant. Keep your head up, your eye's open and Yourself and Family safe.
Love and Aloha from Kauai's north shore ~

Reactions: Autoprax

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
And a surfer's social media statements are nothing compared to the clear and present danger of yelling fire in a crowded theatre.

Get real
I didn’t even say they were.

I said I’d be interested to hear about courts rulings on similar issues regarding internet posting.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Out for a drive with the GF on Sunday afternoon. At county line there were a bunch of kite surfers out and the wind was howling. Fair amount of people on the beach considering.

What was unusual were the amount of cars in the pull outs between Mugu rock and county. Plenty of people taking in the day and watching the sun set from the big sand dune especially.
$50 says Steamroller was one of them.