The Corona Cuisine Thread

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
1 Need to buy some tomatoes and tortillas today
2 Am defrosting the marinated tri-tip as I type
3 Have picked some "show" limes yesterday from the backyard tree (bet I could win a 4H competition with 'em)
4 Have some still alive cilantro in the garden getting picked on the 25th
5 Will mash up some avocados on the 25th too.
6 Will grill up the tri-tip for Christmas tacos!
7 Side of refined beans
8 Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada
F()CK you...id rather spend the day with you and yours than mine!!!!

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
more or less these.
The rendered fat cap is the star, and I'm not so sure it will translate

So this was fantastic. Unique, bright, savory, delicious. Super easy, we made tacos with it with a anaheim chile/bell pepper salsa. So good. Thanks.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Our tradition for Christmas Eve is chicken mole and plenty beer. Christmas night this year I am doing a New York roast on the BBQ and plenty red wine. It's already marinading.

I am getting fat.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Pernil and Rajas tamales (not in the same tamal) with Cuban black beans. We didn't make the masa. I tied the tamales.

View attachment 102790View attachment 102791View attachment 102792
We actually had homeade tamales and enchiladas last night for Christmas Eve dinner. Got them from a local family who makes them fresh every year. Just our immediate family having dinner. Saw some neighbors having parties with 20 cars around their properties. They probably will be spending their New Years in the ICU....

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
We actually had homeade tamales and enchiladas last night for Christmas Eve dinner. Got them from a local family who makes them fresh every year. Just our immediate family having dinner. Saw some neighbors having parties with 20 cars around their properties. They probably will be spending their New Years in the ICU....
There's gonna be another surge, but I hope I am wrong.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The French Laundry.....

Gavins hom eslice.

Nigger owns the Plumpjack chain. SF and Squaw Valley. French Laundry just got a 3 million dollar state loan. Plumpjacks and Gavins winerey just got a 2.4 million dollar loan. Our money.... California Taxpaxers money...

Come on Scott.

Reactions: Leaverite

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
We all saw it. I woulda let that one fall off to the previous page where it is.
We picked apart whole dungees on eve, shroom lasagna yesterday and pop's gf busted out the expensive wine and champagne. :shaka:
Surf was way better than I thought it was gonna be this AM.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Surfed for a few hours today (on a 5'4") and felt like I cooked and ate for two days straight.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My sis dropped off a homemade pho kit for me on new years. She's been working on this recipe for a while and it is really coming along.20201231_175909.jpg

Reactions: enframed

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The French Laundry.....

Gavins hom eslice.

Nigger owns the Plumpjack chain. SF and Squaw Valley. French Laundry just got a 3 million dollar state loan. Plumpjacks and Gavins winerey just got a 2.4 million dollar loan. Our money.... California Taxpaxers money...

What's the deal here?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
So this was fantastic. Unique, bright, savory, delicious. Super easy, we made tacos with it with a anaheim chile/bell pepper salsa. So good. Thanks.

Glad it worked for you. I'm a fan
Definitely benefits even further from some acid to cut through the fat and something crunchy for texture. I usually do rice/black beans/ tortillas with lots of lime, or sometimes I pickle some red onion.. But a zippy salsa works too.
I'm usually only cooking for two, so I only make it twice a year or so and freeze some leftovers in batches. It would be great in tamales, or chile, or a asian slaw and rice type thing. anything really.

I'm usually full before anything is plated because I pull so many bits of crispy fat cap for taste tests

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Glad it worked for you. I'm a fan
Definitely benefits even further from some acid to cut through the fat and something crunchy for texture. I usually do rice/black beans/ tortillas with lots of lime, or sometimes I pickle some red onion.. But a zippy salsa works too.
I'm usually only cooking for two, so I only make it twice a year or so and freeze some leftovers in batches. It would be great in tamales, or chile, or a asian slaw and rice type thing. anything really.

I'm usually full before anything is plated because I pull so many bits of crispy fat cap for taste tests
We made tamales with some of it too, so good.