The best pizza?

Dec 10, 2023
St. Pete’s
I really shouldn't get involved in this as I live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan but I have to say Sal at Rosarios makes the best pie in the area, there is alot of crappy pizza in NYC but there is a ton of great pizza!! I love pizza but would rather that NYC had great waves!
I’ve had pizza once in NYC, and it was good for sure. Is pizza notoriously good in NY because of the water in the crust? Granted there is a lot of reasons it could be great

Dec 10, 2023
St. Pete’s
and use this dough recipe:
Thank you!! Now my wife can roll out crust with a rolling pin rather than hitting me with it. Getting older sucks.. gotta watch the BP baby..

• Haha
Reactions: dietz

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
It was pretty good. But I'm not a huge fan of green bell peppers and she snuck some in on me:cursing:.
Yeah, pictures can be deceiving. If the result is sub par, I don't post a picture or I will comment that it wasn't good and why. We've been on a roll lately so we're due for a dog soon.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IMG_0479.png

This is the dough recipe I use. I like to slurry the yeast with a bit of sugar (see below) and the water at 100F for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to foam, then add that to the rest of the dry ingredients.

The above would be for Italian style, for American style I add an equal ratio of oil and sugar to the salt. Gives the crust a bit more caramelization but doesn’t taste sweet IMO :beer:

Reactions: slipped_disc

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Anybody else frequent Boston Wildflower Pizza on Main St. In Santa Monica back in the day? We'd stop there on the way home from all day surf sessions at Surfrider and get an extre large "the works." There was a nice patio in the back (I've alwahys preferred outdoor dining). Man that hit the spot.

My other favorite place is "nono risorto." Another outdoor dining experience. If you ever happen to be in Venice...Italy.

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
So we ended up with pizza Hut at the end of the night,And the crust was soggy mate so I pan fried it crispy and it saved everbodyz life. :roflmao: :cheers::cheers::roflmao:IMG_20240221_202115.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: npsp
Jul 18, 2019
So we ended up with pizza Hut at the end of the night,And the crust was soggy mate so I pan fried it crispy and it saved everbodyz life. :roflmao: :cheers::cheers::roflmao:
I dont Pizza Hut because it SUCK!!!
Abbbots in Venice and when work on outboard engine at Redondo goto Paesanos in Hermosa because their pizza is BITCHING!!! :jamon:

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
Re-heated pizza hits different. Would never say it's better than fresh out the over, but re-heating a few slices on just the oven wire racks and getting that slice super crispy is real nice. The only issue is the cheese dripping in yo oven. I noticed if you put a baking sheet or even foil on the lower rack to try and catch it doesn't crisp the same.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Is that the before or after? My oven needs a new door and the guy that’s gonna make it is out of town until the end of the month. I have been thinking about tearing the current oven out and putting in one with a shape and size more suited for pizza. The same guy can do that.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Tried making some dough last minute at home. Used a 1 hr recipe, but let it proof at room temp for 2 hours. Came out light and airy.
1708915545038.png
1708915566956.png
fried the bottom in olive oil, then took the torch to the top:
1708915618862.png

check out the air in the crust:
1708915640017.png

I'm just trying to figure out the frying part. The bottom is super crunchy. It's cheating. If you fry the top, too, then it gets burnt w/ the torch. Any topping sticking up gets burnt, too. I think the best application for frying is to fry just the bottom, then stick it on a pizza stone and broil the top in the oven until the toppings boil. Don't throw away your pizza stones.

Edit: homemade San Marzano tomato sauce.

Last edited: