The Atlantic is a joke

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I left myself wide open for that one
They published a retraction and admitted they got hoodwinked by Three Names Barrett.

But I mean, it's better this way. Someone named Sloane. Fencing and lacrosse. Everything about this Sloane is "through Sloane's attorney". That this contained fabrications lends it some serious authenticity in the world it's describing.

And we identified the need to correct the location of a lacrosse family mentioned in the article: They do not live in Greenwich, Connecticut, but in another town in Fairfield County.
Whats.
The.
Fucking.
Difference.

I mean, holy hell. Like we thought someone named Sloane with a fencing/lacrosse kid lived in Yonkers or Newark.

I can picture Lena Dunham bullying Allison Williams into the worst sex scene Brian Williams' daughter from New Canaan would do. Presto, B-Dub's daughter getting her ass eaten on HBO.

Allison Williams, all high cheekbones and slender elegance, screaming "upper crust". Lena Dunham, looking like a doll made of twinkies, pulling showrunner rank and giving Williams a front row of pawns and herself a front row of queens. That privilege got oh so checked. Lulzy.

Anyway, yeah, this Atlantic snafu, the content of it, the nature of the snafu, it's basically happenstance perfect Performance Art. It ate its liberal self, and that liberal self deserved to be devoured alive, but then it got bulimic, vom'd it back up, and it's really taking a stand leaving the bucket on the stoop for all to see, instead of just flushing it, like that would have fooled anyone.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
They published a retraction and admitted they got hoodwinked by Three Names Barrett.

But I mean, it's better this way. Someone named Sloane. Fencing and lacrosse. Everything about this Sloane is "through Sloane's attorney". That this contained fabrications lends it some serious authenticity in the world it's describing.

Whats.
The.
Fucking.
Difference.

I mean, holy hell. Like we thought someone named Sloane with a fencing/lacrosse kid lived in Yonkers or Newark.

I can picture Lena Dunham bullying Allison Williams into the worst sex scene Brian Williams' daughter from New Canaan would do. Presto, B-Dub's daughter getting her ass eaten on HBO.

Allison Williams, all high cheekbones and slender elegance, screaming "upper crust". Lena Dunham, looking like a doll made of twinkies, pulling showrunner rank and giving Williams a front row of pawns and herself a front row of queens. That privilege got oh so checked. Lulzy.

Anyway, yeah, this Atlantic snafu, the content of it, the nature of the snafu, it's basically happenstance perfect Performance Art. It ate its liberal self, and that liberal self deserved to be devoured alive, but then it got bulimic, vom'd it back up, and it's really taking a stand leaving the bucket on the stoop for all to see, instead of just flushing it, like that would have fooled anyone.
Not this specific story, that's just par for the course for their nonsense, I was talking about how they're going to fair now that their main source of editorial content is not President anymore

I guess they'll just see how woke they can be and write more stories of victimhood

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not this specific story, that's just par for the course for their nonsense, I was talking about how they're going to fair now that their main source of editorial content is not President anymore

I guess they'll just see how woke they can be and write more stories of victimhood
This. Trump fading from the limelight will be the nail in the coffin for the media. There’s no boogieman quite like him.

Reactions: Ifallalot

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I wouldn't call it a joke. The Atlantic has produced an insane amount of swell this past season, with a record number of hurricanes.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was lobbying for this and going for the troll by mad-dogging the shop in Wabasso from the jump. I'm assuming you'll surf when it's onshore though? Personally I think that helps the Vero area have some shape.

It's been nonstop windswell for weeks and that looks to continue. ESE when you show up, that starts to fade and is then crossed up with a ENE windswell.

If you're working from home, it gets light around quarter after six on a clear morning in Jax Beach. If it's not high tide early, it's an easy cruise up to/back from South Brevard zones. You'd need to get a State Parks pass and the combination for the lock at Fort Pierce Inlet to get in before 8am, but I'd possibly consider that. Or not. And South Beach/Wabasso are both very easy cruises if it's dead high tide.

In general this is a good to very good time of year relatively speaking.

The cold front forecast to come through early next week might knock Jacksonville down to top temperatures (72 if frigid, 70 if baking) but the water down there, unless we get a drastic pattern shift after Thanksgiving, you might not even need a top. Fort Pierce nearshore buoy is chilling at 80.

YMMV but while 2016 had a thorough supply of waist-chest and clean days, we are getting a thorough supply of chest-head++ days, albeit onshore, and I don't see it stopping through the end of the surflies forecast. By sheer number of days with rideable surf that aren't grovel, this has been the best fall ever. Minus the winds/muggy feel.
I'll surf in the wind, especially while it's nice and warm still. I'm just bringing my 5'10 krypto, it will catch and ride anything well from knee high to overhead. Travels light in a single shoulder bag that will have a majority of the clothes i'll need for a 5 week visit. neoprene top for the wind, and maybe my short sleeve full 2 MM for chilly mornings in later december. if my mom's health weren't so dire, i would be stocked for such a leisurely extended visit. Still stocked, but her health is a spectre looming over all of this.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'll surf in the wind, especially while it's nice and warm still. I'm just bringing my 5'10 krypto, it will catch and ride anything well from knee high to overhead. Travels light in a single shoulder bag that will have a majority of the clothes i'll need for a 5 week visit. neoprene top for the wind, and maybe my short sleeve full 2 MM for chilly mornings in later december. if my mom's health weren't so dire, i would be stocked for such a leisurely extended visit. Still stocked, but her health is a spectre looming over all of this.
Wrong forum, kook

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Wrong forum, kook
Does the thread title say anything about the Pacific, Gapeboi? No. It doesn't. So beat it and take your avocados and your hooded 4/3 for January in Jacksonville-tier water temps with you.

East Coasters are speaking.

Sorry to hear about mom's health; that is for sure a huge cloud.

Additional surf-related advice is as follows:

1. Unless you have favorable experience to the contrary, plan on doing something about that board if it's fibreflex or non-poly and you need to leave it in a car. It will cook like a MF. Consider window cracking, sun shade, parking under a tree, draping a towel on the outside of a closed door with windows cracked to shade it...anything...

2. Bring appropriate solar-rez or sun cure. It will probably be 2022 before you get that thing back if you drop it off, and I don't know what your odds are of finding surfboard repair sh!t without driving to Mel Beach.

3. I'd suggest two comp leashes and a normal leash. And some real sunscreen with zinc or titanium in it.

4. Any angle in the wind and you will be hoofing it. Even just walking the beach and going for a swim. You will get some kind of rash between your upper thigh, anus hole, and cock/testes belt-sanded to all hell and back. Consider Under Armor or similar, or Taint-X (vaseline) or what have you.

5. Don't loiter in wet trunks away from the sea breeze. You'll get murdered by insects.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Does the thread title say anything about the Pacific, Gapeboi? No. It doesn't. So beat it and take your avocados and your hooded 4/3 for January in Jacksonville-tier water temps with you.

East Coasters are speaking.
Take it the Surfer forum with your surf talk. Or better yet, the foil forum. The politics section is for orangemanbadism, conspiracy theories, TDS, bedwetting, and personal insults. Assimilate or GTFO.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Can’t say I didn’t warn you, subway
i'm in the sh!t now, like it or not. I actually ruffled feathers already by talking about surf in the politics section of a surf forum. And now I've gone cross eyed

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Take it the Surfer forum with your surf talk. Or better yet, the foil forum. The politics section is for orangemanbadism, conspiracy theories, TDS, bedwetting, and personal insults. Assimilate or GTFO.
Fcuk you, waspdrink. I'm hijacking this thread, so unless you want your throat boxcutter'd, sit the f--k down and read the airport map or the Sharper Image in the seatback.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yes, "the media" will die. LOL.
Of course they will never die, however they also have no way of getting back to what they were before. The big players will simply become less relevant and run on thinner budgets, as their trajectory has been for the last 5-10 years. There will be less eyeballs on cable news when Covid and Trump fade away.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Of course they will never die, however they also have no way of getting back to what they were before. The big players will simply become less relevant and run on thinner budgets, as their trajectory has been for the last 5-10 years. There will be less eyeballs on cable news when Covid and Trump fade away.
Will the politics forum also die?
I forget, did brassy create this when trump started living rent free in our heads?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
This. Trump fading from the limelight will be the nail in the coffin for the media. There’s no boogieman quite like him.

Harmless Trump, just a clown, the president of the United States has no influence

For how long are you going to stick to this fucking nonsense? :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink