Technology and Dissenting Opinions

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
They did steal it. Zuckerburg flat out admitted it in that Rogan interview.
Manipulating public opinion that close to a presidential election, while unethical for a platform of Facebook's size and influence, is very different from manipulating the ballot count.

Trump primarily pushed the latter, and you and millions of other rubes bought it hook line and sinker.

Reactions: Kento

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Manipulating public opinion that close to a presidential election, while unethical for a platform of Facebook's size and influence, is very different from manipulating the ballot count.
The government manipulates the public in a host of ways such as changing definitions of words and telling social media companies to suppress news about its favored presidential candidate, but it won't tamper with elections, especially not in a year of widespread mail-in balloting. :shameonyou:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Democrats and the erBB Left don't care that the FBI, Twitter and Facebook conspired to change the result of the 2020 election. All that matters to them is that their side won. Its like the famous time Harry Reid was confronted about a blatant lie he'd told about Mitt Romney and he gave an evil smile and said "well we won, didn't we". To democrats, the ends justify ANY means. You can never trust them.
Or the famous time the FBI came out and said they were investigating the leading candidate for POTUS a week before the election, an investigation that came up with a grand total of one indictment? At least the FBI plays both sides fair and square.

Reactions: afoaf

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Do any of them mention Trump trying to get Chrissy Tiegen sh!t-canned or is this a partisan hack job?
Taibbi says both parties have hands dirty with this sh!t.
I really like Matt Taibbi.
his work for Rolling Stone on the 2008 banking sh!t-show was top-shelf.

the rest of the MSM was totally limp-dick in comparison

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Taibbi says both parties have hands dirty with this sh!t.

his work for Rolling Stone on the 2008 banking sh!t-show was top-shelf.
The tweet above says they were going to monitor Trump and Biden's Twitters and err on the side of labeling their posts with "Attn: dogshit".

That sounds great to me; in fact if every elected official's Tweets had a "probably self-serving dogshit" disclaimer that'd be most helpful I expect. YMMV.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The tweet above says they were going to monitor Trump and Biden's Twitters and err on the side of labeling their posts with "Attn: dogshit".

That sounds great to me; in fact if every elected official's Tweets had a "probably self-serving dogshit" disclaimer that'd be most helpful I expect. YMMV.
fair enough, but give the rest of the thread a scroll. lots of government involvement in deciding what people get to see. no bueno.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
the government shouldn't be involved in that but fair enough. but give the rest of the thread a scroll and see if you're similarly comforted.
The ones I might find disconcerting so far, it's an incredibly tightly cropped screenshot with very little context other than Taibbi's assertions.

The ones where he actually gives an explainer and I can read the highlighted bits, so far, kinda yeah, Gimme Mo Dat. Motherfuck Yevgeny Prigozhin; Ukraine voluntarily surrendered a nuclear arsenal rather than wait for organized crime to fucking sell it someone, for the good of all mankind, and they've been invaded for it. Fuck Prigozhin's Youtube content with an amputated rigor mortis-ized penis covered in sores of the herpes and krokodil variety.

I understand some of my team thinks Twitter is a publicly owned utility like nationalized oil or some sh!t. Until that legally happens, like unconstitutional red flag laws, I'm more worried about the letter of the law and Twitter's right to do what's best for Twitter vs my team getting what their feels want.

Is it clear on if people flagged as Iranian misinformation were voted on by a cabal of Twitter employees and CLERKS, or was it perhaps some very rough guardrails were defined, and someone got good boy points for how fast an algorithm autonomously flagged sh!t and that content was unflagged on appeal?

I mean throughout all of this I have seen people up in arms because they couldn't tweet for less than 24 hours. Not a big deal to me.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
MT is a victim of audience capture.

I guess it's really hard not to happen.
Or maybe he's a journalist who abhors anything more influential than the White House Press Briefings being Sean Spicer or Ari Fleischer or Robert Gibbs or Jay Carney in a dunk tank and every member of the White House Correspondents Association gets three throws at the target?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Or maybe he's a journalist who abhors anything more influential than the White House Press Briefings being Sean Spicer or Ari Fleischer or Robert Gibbs or Jay Carney in a dunk tank and every member of the White House Correspondents Association gets three throws at the target?
These guys get their feelings hurt and then they go to war.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
By who exactly? :unsure: I don't see him playing to right wing interests. Except for calling out government involvement in controlling Covid narratives, which has been labeled "right wing" :unsure:
Did any of the Twitter Files sh!t he was reporting on touch on any of the examples we have of the Right trying to get content they didn't like moderated, or did he have to get his faced rub in the sh!t he left on the floor before he showed some bad dog shame?