Teachers seem mature and well adjusted.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Havoc is an actual genius. Probably has more letters after his name than anyone else here

If he was as open as I was on here you'd all realize why you might think he's whining

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
As I've mentioned before, parents around here get together on Facebook to grade teachers. Given the opportunity, parents will know who they want teaching their kids. Yet, nothing ever happens to the teachers no one wants. Nothing! Ever!

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I love how people compare the current time to the goddamn 1800s. Amazing. OK, let's play Things We Should Make How They Were Back in the Day.

"In order to finance U.S. participation in World War One, Congress passed the 1916 Revenue Act, and then the War Revenue Act of 1917. The highest income tax rate jumped from 15 percent in 1916 to 67 percent in 1917 to 77 percent in 1918. War is expensive.

After the war, federal income tax rates took on the steam of the roaring 1920s, dropping to 25 percent from 1925 through 1931.

Congress raised taxes again in 1932 during the Great Depression from 25 percent to 63 percent on the top earners.

In 1944, the top rate peaked at 94 percent on taxable income over $200,000 ($2.5 million in today’s dollars). That’s a high tax rate.

Over the next three decades, the top federal income tax rate remained high, never dipping below 70 percent."

Are we at war? If so, let's raise taxes on the wealthy.

In a recession/depression? Let's raise taxes on the wealthy.

Let's raise the top tax rate top 70%.

This is fun.

What else should we do based on things that worked in the past?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
All the PHDs (Player Hater Degrees)I work with are nuts. :roflmao:
This is todays renascence. People have awakened to the fact that the experts are morons. It's the beginning of the end for the central conceit of Progressivism. In the past few years the experts’ supposedly superior insight and knowledge has been replaced by an expert class with superior virtue based on identity, rather than knowledge. There are limits to what people will swallow and we can see the ends of it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This is todays renascence. People have awakened to the fact that the experts are morons.
I'm all for actual experts. The problem is that people believe they have expertise if they have bureaucratic or academic credentials. True expertise requires experience, skills, and knowledge. Also, experts are, by nature, narrowly-focused. They cannot tell us how how to run our lives.
It's the beginning of the end for the central conceit of Progressivism. In the past few years the experts’ supposedly superior insight and knowledge has been replaced by an expert class with superior virtue based on identity, rather than knowledge. There are limits to what people will swallow and we can see the ends of it.
I think you're referring to the end of technocratic managerialism Burnham described in "THe Managerial Revolution." Martin Gurri writes a lot about this.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This is todays renascence. People have awakened to the fact that the experts are morons. It's the beginning of the end for the central conceit of Progressivism. In the past few years the experts’ supposedly superior insight and knowledge has been replaced by an expert class with superior virtue based on identity, rather than knowledge. There are limits to what people will swallow and we can see the ends of it.
Dunning-Knuger illustrated perfectly, also sweet spelling bro.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
actual genius.

1622286179714.png

The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior.​