Swami's Park Benches

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The city took 13 concrete memorial benches out "for maintenance and safety repairs". The mayor says there has been smoking, drinking, and drug use. He won't state the housing condition of the abusers though. City says "some of the benches" will be returned by Dec 1.

Investigating citizens contacted public works. Staff says they don't have the benches, and they are in storage somewhere.

Errbs' what say you all about these benches? Were they unsafe? So unsafe they needed to be removed? I don't think I've ever seen an unsafe concrete bench. Danger of collapse? Too hard on my butt?

Chit, we pay for services for the vagrants, and this is the reward. Can we somehow get softtops removed also?

LOL, Sopa even made the news reel last night.

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
benches/ tables = homeless people sleeping, congregating, and bothering everyone else. Those benches have attracted a solid crew of fvckheads that spend all day, every day there smelling like sshit, catcalling women, screaming into the void, and trashing the place. Good riddance.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
Why did they have to remove cemented in benches to fix them? Isn't it more cost effective to leave them be and fix them on site? As one woman said, "this is pathetic."

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Time for some enforcement by the local boys. Letting these choads cause trouble?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Is it me or did all the people seem crazy?

Imagine how these people will react when they get a blood cancer diagnosis.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
A local TV news reporter questioned Mayor Kranz who bicycled to Swami’s to see what all the noise was about. In his interview (he was not aware of the city employee supervisor‘s conversation with one of the citizens who got involved - see post above). He simply compounded his stupidity by lying on camera stating that the benches were removed to be ‘cleaned and conditioned.’ Doing stupid acts is par for our local politicians. Catching them in lies, on camera… classic.

Last edited:

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
benches/ tables = homeless people sleeping, congregating, and bothering everyone else. Those benches have attracted a solid crew of fvckheads that spend all day, every day there smelling like sshit, catcalling women, screaming into the void, and trashing the place. Good riddance.
ya man my thoughts 2. place has gone gross. perv city.