Swami's Park Benches

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
A local TV news reporter questioned Mayor Kranz who bicycled to Swami’s to see what all the noise was about. In his interview (he was not aware of the city employee supervisor‘s conversation with one of the citizens who got involved - see post above). He simply compounded his stupidity by lying in camera stating that the benches were removed to be ‘cleaned and conditioned.’ Doing stupid acts is par for our local politicians. Catching them in lies, on camera… classic.
He's on film in another clip blaming it on the smoking, drinking, and drug use. But wouldn't state the abusers were homeless types.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I lived in Cardiff for a while and it's really nice. I love that part of NSD county.

But it's like many of the people who live in such a nice place think because their town is cool, they are cool by extension.

So there are lots of entitled duchebags running around. I'm not just talking about surfers.

There should be a war between duchebag residents and the homeless.

Hand to hand combat.

It would e like the residents are Isreal and the homeless are hamas.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think the bums at swamis are more than happy to hang out on the concrete tbh. The only people this hurts are folks scoping the surf.
Win/Win!

The last time I was there was pre 1980 and I don’t remember if there were benches or not. I do remember my homie local bros smoking reefer and drinking beer there. The stairs at Stone Steps too.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My parents enjoyed those benches when they visit. Last trip out my father mentioned it was nice to see the area still hadn’t been ruined yet.

He‘s never had an issue with the bench people. As a child I learned from him that if you don’t act like a narc there are usually no hassles. They just don’t want the cops showing up and giving them troubles.

There was a dude yelling at nobody on the bench on the way out the parking lot the other weekend. I was the only one doing the gawking at the girl in the string bikini with her goodies hanging out loading up her hatchback. he was preoccupied with his imaginary friend.

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
I may or may not have banged a girlfriend on one of those benches back in the day. Sad to see them go...oh fond memories.

Reactions: Woke AF

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I’ve gotten myself into a few very public shouting matches with trolls who refuse to give me space to set up my camera rig. But most welcome me and offer me free herb.2015-01-09 16.44.03_pe_pe.jpg

My favorite Swami's photo nook.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
See Bonzer, this is what wishing someone dead looks like!
There is a better term.

Shitting on someone's grave?

That's not it.

But something.

Don't speak ill of the dead?

I don't the family is posting here at this difficult time.

Also, during times of intense greif, the dumb things that people say don't even register.

It's a trip.

Strangly empowering.