Surfing drunk

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
A handful of times back in my shithead days, looking back it was pretty stupid and not that fun. Even at San O.

Reactions: mundus

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
A handful of times back in my shithead days, looking back it was pretty stupid and not that fun. Even at San O.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Oh, and Fat Longboarder is the name of my new punk band.

Reactions: tacos

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I could never surf drunk at all. There was some dumb surf contest with a keg in college. Some of the guys killed it drunk , maybe they had also been sniffin some A1Yola. No idea.

The exception is bintangs and boat trips. In that case I will be having 4 beers before 10 am , another 4 after my second surf session and who knows how many after that. And I have 100% paddled out in overhead reef surf with a decent buzz and had a good time.

:roflmao:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
:socrazy:
The good ole days for awhile but looking back the real good ole days was before I discovered how much I liked it, but like many really fun things, this especially, eventually became convoluted and detrimental to everything I really should've been focusing on.
Sorry, I wish it was still possible and glad I see that it's not. So sorry.
Kids, don't do this(a lot).:toilet:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Wasted? Nah, that's no fun.

But I've had many an afternoon session with a mild buzz that has helped keep things interesting. Nothing in consequential waves though.
x2

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I always carry a flask (genepy or Chip Shot) on the mountain. I find I'm loser in the moguls with a slight buzz.
Weed is good for this too.

The key with any kind of terrain where you need to be loose and have quick reaction time is take thinking out of the equation completely. And what better than a couple lunchtime bowls for that? I found the Point Break fear/hesitation discussion to be incomplete on this front.

Reactions: TeamScam

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Weed is good for this too.

The key with any kind of terrain where you need to be loose and have quick reaction time is take thinking out of the equation completely.
Totally.

I was a better server and bartender with a slight buzz too. Better pool player, too. The key is the dose, of course.

Somehow the possibility of drowning keeps me from drinking and surfing, though one beer or one shot or one cocktail I'm sure would be fine so long as the day wasn't too heavy.

Reactions: Kento

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
did a couple times as a teen
dont think it made me better or worse

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
When it'z 2 -3 ft and your having fun,ok.Butt when it'z good nada chance!Takes away that pure sensation of surfing.just my 2cents.