Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It is my belief (with zero evidence or corroboration) that boards which are significantly shorter than your height can be ridden at lower relative volumes.

That GMM2 being so short and wide is actually probably just right for me.
Have ridden many boards between 4'11 and 5'2. You're going up in volume for boards significantly shorter than height.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Load of bollocks.
TBH I wonder if he used AI to generate that volume equation...

I have a friend who is porking some woman who is trying to become a "life coach" and fitness influencer. She's a real dummy. She told him most of the stuff she posts is AI generated.

I can only assume others do the same.

Noel is trying to stay relevant to the surf world from the Dallas suburbs. He is now a pro surf skater. His local is a pool 2 hrs away.
Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 5.02.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 5.01.17 AM.png

• Wow
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Have ridden many boards between 4'11 and 5'2. You're going up in volume for boards significantly shorter than height.
That hasn’t been my experience.

I have a 6’3 Ghost and a 5’6 Plasmic.
Both are Dark Arts construction.
Both are 34.3L.
Plasmic catches waves way easier and feels way more floaty.
It’s not even close.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Seems light to me, but I'm old and I come from a different generation. 205 for a youngun in CA surf? Off the top of my head, high 30's. Depends on the type of board, what kind of surf and the rocker of that board, but whatever. For a winter time board, pull your wetsuit on, turn the hose on yourself, and THEN weigh yourself. Or just take the soaking suit, put it in a trash bag and weigh the suit. Add that dead weight to your weight.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Seems light to me, but I'm old and I come from a different generation. 205 for a youngun in CA surf? Off the top of my head, high 30's. Depends on the type of board, what kind of surf and the rocker of that board, but whatever. For a winter time board, pull your wetsuit on, turn the hose on yourself, and THEN weight yourself. Or just take the soaking suit, put it in a trash bag and weigh the suit. Add that dead weight to your weight.
7 extra pounds for my feral 4/3. I weighed 200 even this morning (and still dropping). I’ve lost 17 pounds in the last 2 months.

Ask me how…

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I basically stoped eating.

No sweets, no snacks.

No breakfast, no lunch.

Eat whatever - non sweet desserty - I want, as much as I want for dinner.

During the day I drink water, occasionally coffee. Smoke cigars or pop in a nicotine pouch.

About those pouches…

I started smoking cigars about six months ago, wife hates how i smell when I do it. Told me to quit. I said “no”. She got me these damn nicotine pouches and said “these will help you quit cigars.

Now I smoke cigars and do nicotine pouches.

At first I was pissed about getting addicted to the pouches but when I decided to drop weight I realized they help with appetite.

Long story short, want to lose weight? Eat less. Simple. My activity level hasn’t changed, just dropped my food intake.

The catch?

I’m hungry all the time. I got used to it. Haven’t taken a nap since I cut out sweets.

Daily cold plunge also burns calories by forcing your body to warm back up.

5 minutes submerged in 45 degree water every morning.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
185/6 = 31 litres. Not enough. Especially in winter with a 4/3 boots and hood on. 36-37 is my sweet spot.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It's really rare that I eat breakfast or lunch. Whatever I want for dinner. I've been doing that for years and years. But that includes a beer or two with dinner. Used to work. Lately not so much. Whatever. I've been sick, and my weight hasn't gone up so much. Just rearranged? The mirror--->:barf:

I have a neighbor who never works out (he has a physical job) and chews. Cowboy cocaine. He's ripped and he drinks a LOT of beer. :mad: TRT may be lurking on my horizon...

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

No sweets, no snacks.

No breakfast, no lunch.

During the day I drink water, occasionally coffee. Smoke cigars or pop in a nicotine pouch.

About those pouches…

I started smoking cigars about six months ago, wife hates how i smell when I do it. Told me to quit. I said “no”. She got me these damn nicotine pouches and said “these will help you quit cigars.

At first I was pissed about getting addicted to the pouches but when I decided to drop weight I realized they help with appetite.

Long story short, want to lose weight? Eat less. Simple. My activity level hasn’t changed, just dropped my food intake.

The catch?

I’m hungry all the time. I got used to it. Haven’t taken a nap since I cut out sweets.

tell me more about those nicotine patches

• Haha
Reactions: KyleTalbott

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

No sweets, no snacks.

No breakfast, no lunch.

About those pouches…

The catch?

Intermittent fasting + hof method, in brief.