Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
for a given level of competency the bigger the person the more likely they are to be comfortable on a lower volume ratio. That formula won't work for small people - even Coco Ho uses more volume than that. I doubt it would work well for hefty blokes who rip either.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Close but not quite for me, as well. I'd have to add about 2-3 liters. I didn't watch the video, though, so I'm probably displaying my ignorance.

And Duff - I figured you'd be riding a board that is precisely 31.5 liters today. Sdsrfr probably appreciates that you didn't, though.

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Close but not quite for me, as well. I'd have to add about 2-3 liters. I didn't watch the video, though, so I'm probably displaying my ignorance.

And Duff - I figured you'd be riding a board that is precisely 31.5 liters today. Sdsrfr probably appreciates that you didn't, though.
I gave him permission, I expect a ride report… lol

• Wow
Reactions: sh3

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

It is my belief (with zero evidence or corroboration) that boards which are significantly shorter than your height can be ridden at lower relative volumes.

That GMM2 being so short and wide is actually probably just right for me.

I can ride a stock 5’8 Pod which I believe is just under 30L.

It’s not ideal and I’d never take it out in a crowd but it will work.

Reactions: sh3