Super Buzz. Review

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Oh really?? I was just re reading old stuff…

I really like it, but it is too thin for me. I think i did a mistake when ordering with sk8 deck and went to thin. i’m probably getting a bigger one.
Maybe goin bat tail instead of squash also.
If you're riding soft and mushy I reckon a diamond tail would be worth thinking about too.

May 14, 2011
Just places 2 pack order for a super buzz and 2x4 stepup.... this thread was a big help.

What's the consensus on fins for the SB? Trying to find myself a set of the honeycomb ST2 template thats discontinued for both boards...

Reactions: smithgrind

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Just places 2 pack order for a super buzz and 2x4 stepup.... this thread was a big help.

What's the consensus on fins for the SB? Trying to find myself a set of the honeycomb ST2 template thats discontinued for both boards...
Not sure there is any consensus on fins for the SB. There seems to be a wide variety of options
that have been discussed on the erBB. The S2 quads are popular but good luck finding them in HC.
Futures stopped making those a long time ago as I recall.
FWIW I run AM2 fronts with S1 rears. I’ve had the S3 Buzz quad fins as well but i wasn’t into it. Not snappy enough.
Quad is my fave set up, twin + trailer is fun too.

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
The front fins are pretty far apart, even for boards of this general design. Spit keels of any sort seem to work well

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD

SB: Stretch buzz quads from fins unlimited we're magic for me and for one of my friends as well.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The front fins are pretty far apart, even for boards of this general design. Spit keels of any sort seem to work well

this is what I use on my SB - album controllers

May 14, 2011
Thanks all.... Yeah these elusive s2's seem to be magic..... the search continues. I do have regular fiberglass controllers but seems its pretty open options. Will check out the albums.. .