Super Buzz. Review

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Very, very flat in the entry and some nice tail rocker. I don't know the numbers, but tail rocker feels high performance.
Lean forward for speed, lean back for pivoty. I've had numerous people tell me that the board doesn't look like it could do the turns I'm doing (cause they only see the flat entry rocker and think its a full groveler).

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Racer1 said:
Very, very flat in the entry and some nice tail rocker. I don't know the numbers, but tail rocker feels high performance.
Lean forward for speed, lean back for pivoty. I've had numerous people tell me that the board doesn't look like it could do the turns I'm doing (cause they only see the flat entry rocker and think its a full groveler).
Your rocker description sounds a lot like my GMM2. Does anyone know if the superbuzz rocker is available on a board with a more pulled in nose? Does the buzzsaw have a similar rocker?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Racer1 said:
sizzld1 said:
Racer1 said:
Had the SB out in some glassy and very clean waves over the weekend, LOVE IT! I think it only feels stiff in the choppy sideshore waves, but I'm noticing it less and less. This rocker and board are so money.
What's your verdict on the sk8 deck Racer? Would you do it again or back to standard?
The SK8 deck feels nice paddling, but I think it's too rigid when riding in windy waves. It's not a deal breaker for me, as I'm getting used to this one, but I think next one I'll just do deck channels. My local is 20mph sideshore wind for 75% of my sessions. Considering my last SB was buckled three times (not CFT, no deck channels or SK8 deck), I'm stocked that this one will most likely not buckle ever.

Sakana: can! Let me beat this one up a bit...
Thanks for the quality board reviews Racer. Much appreciated. :cheers:

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
The orange/grey one is the only one I kind of, sort of regret selling. It felt like it had a tad bit more entry rocker than the other 2, but I still wish there was more flip in the nose on the Buzz variations. Pictured below are on the 5'4 orange/grey Super Buzz.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
I was reading this old thread....so which are you guys liking better superbuzz vs quad fish???

i guess the differences are the superbuzz having more tail rocker, being looser, more "radical" and can be surfed more aggresive (which I DO NOT). in reality, i don't think i'll have any limitations on a quadfish.

I have grown up. I need to get rid of one more board though....before getting a new one.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I'd check out the fatbat, quadfish rocker with buzz concaves, sounds like it would awesome.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
paunch23 said:
I was reading this old thread....so which are you guys liking better superbuzz vs quad fish???

i guess the differences are the superbuzz having more tail rocker, being looser, more "radical" and can be surfed more aggresive (which I DO NOT). in reality, i don't think i'll have any limitations on a quadfish.

I have grown up. I need to get rid of one more board though....before getting a new one.
You can't go wrong with either one to be honest. Get both! :roflmao:

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
That's good advice, I just got my superbuzz and don't wanna ride anything else, that board is in my head. I've got 8 sessions in now, and wanna start trying different fin set ups, I'm running the 5.125 buzz trollers now, was thinking about Aipa's up front?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
bigC7 said:
That's good advice, I just got my superbuzz and don't wanna ride anything else, that board is in my head. I've got 8 sessions in now, and wanna start trying different fin set ups, I'm running the 5.125 buzz trollers now, was thinking about Aipa's up front?
The best Buzz setup I've found is the Buzztrollers in front and regular Stretch rear fins in back

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
bigC7 said:
Are the regular Stretch rears smaller, or a different shape, then the buzztrollers?
A little more rake and slightly more surface area on the regular set. At least, on the sets I have...he's made a lot of variations over the years.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Two more sessions in on the new fin set up (5.125 stretch twin fronts, and 4.0 buzz trollers rears.). It seems noticeably looser than the 5.125 buzz set, without sacrificing any drive, gonna give this setup a go for a while. Man I’m digging this board, it will pin a late drop no problem, and is fast becoming my best friend backside.