stretch boards support and board pron thread

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
There definitely two awesome models, that both stand out on their own. I think Racer said it a long time ago, that combo would make a rad two board quiver.

Dorado

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 25, 2007
Wing vs no wing Quadfish . Might pull the trigger on a no wing to go with my wing model. Really want a
Custom with custom color but this I can get half the price in great shape .

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Re considering a buzzsaw. Never got the volume right, went rounded pin last time, which I hated.

That or 2x4 for dumpy hollow beach break?

bobsacamano

OTF status
Apr 9, 2016
Dorado said:
Wing vs no wing Quadfish . Might pull the trigger on a no wing to go with my wing model. Really want a Custom with custom color but this I can get half the price in great shape .
I kinda have this. I got a slightly shorter and wider no wing version as a 2Win fish. I like it, drivier, but I'd attribute that to the twin setup.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
rts265 said:
Re considering a buzzsaw. Never got the volume right, went rounded pin last time, which I hated.

That or 2x4 for dumpy hollow beach break?
Superbuzz... Suppahstahh!!

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Super, mr, 2x4, or buzzsaw for waves like this?

https://youtu.be/6L6Fvl8VgnU

I find myself wishing I had my buzzsaw every now and then when waves are like this. I think I want some length so probably not mr

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I had a big 2x4 I liked

Had a buzzsaw that was over volumed and got rid of quick

2nd buzzsaw went rounded pin - which I didn’t like, and was undervolumed - got the sk8 deck wrong

One thing I didn’t like about my pug other than not having enough volume, was it felt like it really needed user input to get going. Maybe it’s me, or is there a board from the buzz series that is just gonna get up and go once you’re on your feet? Leaning towards buzzsaw. Anyone ever have a bat tail? Think I will ask for an extra inch pugged to fatten up the noze

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I got the 2win with double bat tail for those kind of closeout conditions. More rocker than a quad fish or fat bat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5NQRcgAcc/

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
I have a buzzsaw and 2x4 (and a yet to be ridden by me mr buzz once I recover from knee surgery). For the waves in your linked video I prefer the buzzsaw. It’s rocker and nose outline work well in the short period but hollow waves in better North Carolina beach break days which resemble that footage of Seal Beach. I preferred it as a quad in those kind of conditions.

Reason is that every one is taking a late drop straight into the tube. The buzzsaw is good for that punchy hollow steep take off and the quad and wide tail brings speed and high line that’s gives you speed right from the start.

I hope the mr buzz works in that kind of stuff too.

Stretch’s boards work for though. While some have been better they all have been good.

Dorado

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 25, 2007
I had a mr Buzz and I liked it a lot in steep shorebreakyb a frames frontside in NJ . It’s enough peak and offsite to let you kick in ,but then double up walls it really flew . I hated it in slope mushy waves .

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I’m 6’1 215

Does 5’11 x 21.25 buzzsaw sound reasonable?

Anyone can help sizing this before I ask the man himself?

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
hey guys:
So I tried again my friends quadfish to see if that other session was just luck combined with catching good waves and my shitty beach break just has a good sandbar now that rains have stopped.
His board is supposed to be 32.5 Vol but i don't know where the hell all that volume is. the board has a little beak and entry isn't very foiled out.. faking thing flies and begs to be put on rail. the wave sort of went mushy and had this round house section but then as it got closer to shore it got steep so it was either snap or floater. Very fun, but i didn't wanna ding his board. i did catch the nose at one point, but fck it. I feel this is gonna help my surfing a lot. board put a smile on my face both times I tried it. :shaka:

so i guess just order an exact copy of his board??
I'm around 170 pounds 5'9ish.

my friends board is 5'6x20.5x2.38.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
paunch23 said:
So my friendgot a quadfish 56x20.5x2.38. I was out on my superbuzz(55x19.75x2.5)
Saw the quadfish and was like humm🤔is not as big as it looks in pictures. Seems pretty hi performance; nice foil, but still has a good amount of foam. Nice.
Caught a few waves. The steeper ones were nice, but i was kinda bugging on the smaller mushier ones, and sort of so-so session. One nice backside turn though. You know beachbreak Sandbars.
My friend wanted to try my superbuzz so i was like sure.

Of course his quad was more buoyant and easier to catch waves. I expected that.
But once i stood up, instant speed without me trying. I was easily making sections where in the superbuzz i had to work much harder and probably wouldnt have made them. I just had more time to think. Should i hit the lip here? Nah maybe ill ride the wave more. Oh i made that section nice. Oh this part looks good; hit the incoming section near the shore and the owner thought his board would land right on the sand...
I’ve been missing out!!!
My friend asked to buy my board. I said i’ll TRADE you my board. He’s like nah. Me:” fck!!” Sold it on the spot. Literally he transferred the money on the way back from the beach.

Now im thinking: “maybe my superbuzz is(was) too small for me.” “Maybe it doesnt work in slopey waves. Maybe is for backfooteds and the fish designs just works better for me!” Should i get a quadfish just like his? Should i get a superbuzz with HIs fish dims? Maybe a Grovelbuzz in those dims?
Were the waves wrong for superbuzz? In the process of drafting emails for a super or buzzsaw. What do you like better about quadfish? That’s the problem. You start getting good and aggressive on qf then go out and buy a performance board and keep going back to th quadfish. My problem at least.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Well the quadfish is just faster than the superbuzz and needs less rider input to go fast. So i can make sections i wouldnt connect on my superbuzz. I just stood there and it just has more glide.
I compared the noses and the superbuzz (2.5 thick) is thinner than the quadfish i was riding (2.38). I think on the superbuzz you need to bring your A game a surf more precise. Feet have to go on the right place. Qfish gives you more margin for error . Bigger sweet spot i guess?

Then , having more paddle power is just a bonus.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Has anyone had a speed buzz? How does it go comepared to super, buzzsaw?

Instagram says it’s a mix of both

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSHW1zAUuF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qqm00etqrbk9