Stand Your Ground defense fails

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Greg Griffin said:
What is the percentage of legal gun owners who kill an innocent ?

What is the percentage of legal concealed carry who shoot an innocent ?

1 % 2 % 3% ?

Just A simple question .
You ask the question but then you give an answer with numbers which you pulled out of your ass.

You made a point now back it up with evidence.

Let's see it.

Like GrossDad, you keep asking the same stupid question but refuse to comment on the answers you've been given.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
the problem with guns in America is the gun-to-ass hat ratio is too high.

too many guns and too many ass hats. way too many ass hats.

you could give every person in Japan 10 guns and the death by firearms stats in that country would be nothing compared to what America churns out.

America is a broken society to some degree with a lot of poorly educated, mentally ill individuals running amok. give 'em easy access to guns and this is what you get.

in that sense America is akin to a child that cannot control its behavior so mom and dad need to step in and move the cookie jar to the farthest cabinet above the fridge.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
It's what happens in an environment without a safety net in which you get told from an early age that if you are second, you're a loser.

Losers + Guns =

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Greg Griffin said:
Seems to be your big issue

Show us this percentage
How so?

I don’t have time to look it up I’m busy making salsa.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
obslop said:

you could give every person in Japan 10 guns and the death by firearms stats in that country would be nothing compared to what America churns out.

America is a broken society to some degree with a lot of poorly educated, mentally ill individuals running amok. give 'em easy access to guns and this is what you get.

in that sense America is akin to a child that cannot control its behavior so mom and dad need to step in and move the cookie jar to the farthest cabinet above the fridge.
Well stated.

You and the crew drove right up murder ally here a while back.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
393,347,000 Guns

In 2017, gun deaths reached their highest level since 1968 with 39,773 deaths by firearm, of which 23,854 were by suicide and 14,542 were homicides

Looks like .1% incuding the non legal ones in 2017

obslop is correct as well

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
obslop said:

That kinda goes along with this Australian comedian, Jim Jefferies', routine;

https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0

That’s the thing. “Why should I have my guns taken off me? I’ve done nothing wrong.” Look, I agree with you. If you’re a responsible gun owner and you don’t fuck around with them, then you should be allowed your guns. You really should. But that’s not how society works. We have to play to the 1% that are such fuckwits they ruin it for the rest of us. We have to walk as slow as our slowest person to keep society fucking moving, right? I take drugs like a fucking champion, right? [Audience cheering] We should all be allowed to take fucking drugs, but we can’t, can we? Because Sarah took drugs and she stabbed her fucking kids. Oh! “Oh, thanks, Sarah. You fucked it up for everyone.” Right? Everyone should be allowed to drive their car as fast as they can do it, right? But we can’t because Jonathan got drunk and ran over a family. “Thanks, Jonathan! Now I have to drive at 30, you fucking idiot!” See, that’s the thing. “Why should I have my guns taken off me, I’m responsible, just because that guy’s crazy?” Who’s to say you’re not crazy? That’s the thing about crazy people. They don’t know they’re crazy. That’s what makes them crazy. The only thing you know for sure on this Earth is, “I think, therefore I am.” You know that you exist.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Greg Griffin said:
393,347,000 Guns

In 2017, gun deaths reached their highest level since 1968 with 39,773 deaths by firearm, of which 23,854 were by suicide and 14,542 were homicides

Looks like .1% incuding the non legal ones in 2017

obslop is correct as well
the dream lives on

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
A CCP is a level above ownership. This guy had a valid CCP.

Again, is there any kind of liability insurance required for holders of CCPs?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
When you see a very large husband go into a store that's when you confront his wife about their parking incorrectly .

Shooter had a history of confronting others , periodic checks might show this and take his privilege away in time before he uses it .