So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Poor thing you! dont you have a few dope new chapters to write???? At least a long form article anyway??

us mods get a pre release look at the manuscript right? Don't forget who gave you a new set of keys to the castle bud, Pitter patter

Reactions: oneworlded

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I'd give up Keenfish's left nut for a trip to Cortez

May even give up one of mine
Hahaha! Save your nuts son... it's not even worth it... or is it??

I've never made it all the way to Cortes Bank before but we did anchor up at the Tanner Bank once which isn't too far away.

Private charter on Rail Time which is a super cool Knight & Carver private charter boat out of Huntington Harbor. Well, it was at the time. Don't know what ever happened to that boat but I think it is still owned by the original owner and just not a charter boat operation anymore? One of the nicest fishing boats I've ever had the pleasure of riding on for sure.

We scored well on Yellowtail at the Tanner and then after loading up we made a move South and outside of SCI and loaded up on Albacore.

It was a trip for the books for sure I just can't believe it's been 20 years since. I'm feeling old now.

Sh!t.. I was blogging before I even knew what a blog was. LOL!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Hahaha! Save your nuts son... it's not even worth it... or is it??

I've never made it all the way to Cortes Bank before but we did anchor up at the Tanner Bank once which isn't too far away.

Private charter on Rail Time which is a super cool Knight & Carver private charter boat out of Huntington Harbor. Well, it was at the time. Don't know what ever happened to that boat but I think it is still owned by the original owner and just not a charter boat operation anymore? One of the nicest fishing boats I've ever had the pleasure of riding on for sure.

We scored well on Yellowtail at the Tanner and then after loading up we made a move South and outside of SCI and loaded up on Albacore.

It was a trip for the books for sure I just can't believe it's been 20 years since. I'm feeling old now.

Sh!t.. I was blogging before I even knew what a blog was. LOL!

my one and only time there we were going for small bluefin but they did a no show. We anchored and had boat problems so we couldn't move. That resulted in a large sheephead winning jackpot on a 1.5 day. Pretty funny.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
my one and only time there we were going for small bluefin but they did a no show. We anchored and had boat problems so we couldn't move. That resulted in a large sheephead winning jackpot on a 1.5 day. Pretty funny.
Any trip to the outer Islands or banks is a worth while sojourn for whatever it brings.

I love it when I get the opportunity to head out there where the water is blue and you never know what you will find. It just does not get any better than that.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Any trip to the outer Islands or banks is a worth while sojourn for whatever it brings.

I love it when I get the opportunity to head out there where the water is blue and you never know what you will find. It just does not get any better than that.
+1. have dove Tanner and Cortez lots and have been majorly skunked and also have seen walls of YT, hammerheads, gigantic bugs and sheepshead/rockfish, got zapped by torpedo ray about 50-60' down, swam through giant balls of baitfish, shot/caught lots of YT on cedar plugs on the way out. Saw an absolute unicorn WSB :crazy2: near Pyramid cove at SCI one trip that I still think about to this day. But nothing beats a Cortez score. Imagine if they had a 24/7 streaming camera out there.

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
In October 2020, the sportfisher Pacific Islander was making a move from Tanner Bank to Cortez Bank. The surface of the sea was smooth, the water was super clear and tuna six to seven feet long could be seen free swimming at the surface. The skipper gets on the PA and says “I guess we have to stop on these fish but honestly I hope you guys don’t hook any. There’s not a fish in the bunch under 250 pounds.” The boat didn’t get any bites on that stop but came home with limits of 40 to 100 pound Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna.

Last edited: