So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
I live in Los Osos and work in Morro Bay. I made it to Morro before it all went to hell. It took me two hours to get home, it normally takes 15 minutes, I drove up to the 46 to the 101 then to Los Osos. I know a couple of guys who decided to paddle across the bay.

Traffic diverted on the wrong side of the highway, highway 1 and main st
20230109_152841.jpg

Highway 1 flooded
20230109_152746.jpg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Area called Four-Lane just below Shaver Lake, on the way to China Peak.

Many moons ago we were driving north in the rain on a surf mission. Somewhere past the sand dune south of Sycamore Canyon/Pt. Mugu area we see a big landslide like that. My recollection was at least one boulder the size of a car rolling across the highway. My buddy who was driving slams on the brakes and puts it in reverse. As we start backing up we see a big rig behind us start jack knifing. "STOP! Go forward!" Luckily nothing happened and the truck straightened out. I don't remember if we turned around or found a way through. We were young, dumb and full of come and I imagine we probably found a path through the debris to continue on...

• Wow
Reactions: r32

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I was hoping to get out to Los Padres this weekend, but it's rain through and through

I bet the Sespe drainage is raging right now

I was supposed to go to Death Valley this weekend. I don't think it will be raining there, but some of the guys I was going with are from the Sacramento Valley area and they want to stick around just in case

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

:poke:
fcking corporate farmers always blame someone else. Want more dams, more water allocation... their shitty farming ranching practices are never to blame:trout:

If we have 3 more months of this, as the metrologists say is needed, of this all of them will only have fields and stock pens filled with mud and standing water.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I was supposed to go to Death Valley this weekend. I don't think it will be raining there, but some of the guys I was going with are from the Sacramento Valley area and they want to stick around just in case
Death Valley probably wouldn't have any problems, it is getting from Sacramento over the passes that could be problematic.

Once was in DV during late winter and had planning heading out north to Reno but 395 near Mono Lake was washed out/blocked, so turn around, go over Tehachapi and then wanted to go up 99, but that was flooded so, turn around and cross to i-5 over on nearly flooded 64.

This was in the mid 90s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: r32 and Ifallalot

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Fri-Sun went fckn off. Maybe I’ll post some pics in the surf journal thread.
We had a slow start to winter but since mid Dec have had some great days.

The river along the rd that connects us to town is predicted to rise over 30 ft tonight into the mornin. stocked up in goods n water, as we might get stranded- we’re up in the foothills fortunatel. the town at sea level was told to GTFO earlier today.

Were lucky, so much carnage on the coast. 5 yr old son of my my wife’s ex co worker swept away today;
he’s not been located yet : (