6'3" DVS weiner
6'3" McCoy all round nugget
6'6" Gary McNeill CV2
6'7" DVS carbon/eps
6'9" Pyzel slab
7'2" Gary McNeill CV2
7'6" Woosley vquad
8' Modern blackbird.
Not in pic: 6'8" Outer islands vflex smartboard.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
So far so good. Only had 2 surfs on it. Just arrived late last week. Swell has been pumping all january more or less. Swell tap just switched off and crap winds started blowing. Had a quick pointbreak surf on it and a beachbreak grovel on it. It came with a 6" fin so will try a larger one. Feels really good on a rail. Nice and loose.

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
Whole lotta good in that quiver. Good call on the three fin MBLV vs the five. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of those little dvs quad rears. Speaking of .... What's the story on the wiener model? Looks flat and fast. Is the blackbird a mctavish?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
nexttozen said:
Pete, which one is ur fave dd?
The 6'6" McNeill cv2 is supposed to be but I've only just got it.
Had a quick point surf on it late last week at the end of the last swell and the fins made a big difference to how it went.
Before that I was riding my rnf a lot before the Christmas school holidays.
The DVS 6'3" is a bucket load of fun (with the Webber flex fins) in waves up to a bit overhead. The feeling as the fins flex is addictive.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Colin said:
Whole lotta good in that quiver. Good call on the three fin MBLV vs the five. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of those little dvs quad rears. Speaking of .... What's the story on the wiener model? Looks flat and fast. Is the blackbird a mctavish?
The DVS quad rears you can get from Shapers Australia.
The set in the rear boxes of my nano, Leveler custom made for me with the same template. Beautiful job on them.
The DVS is basically a micro mal model of his with a tweaked nose so that it doesn't catch in turns. Nice deep double concave through the bottom means it has a discernible gas peddle. It actually handles a steepish drop well. The flex fins make it a lot more fun to surf than a standard thruster set.
The blackbird isn't a bluebird (McTavish) it's just a bargain basement purchase to ride if the points have a lot of water moving and are unruly or large. A once or twice a year kind of board.

mapache

Phil Edwards status
Nov 27, 2012
subtropical jungles
i can't even remember whats in my quiver

theres that AG channel bottom twin plus trailer for a DD, then a roberts i like when the waves get curvey or biggish, sometimes i ride this pintail 5'11" x 18 x 2" longboard nosed thruster from hawaii that was probably made for a girl or a child, i think those are the only boards i really like anymore....a bunch of other sh!t up in the rafters,....oh yeah, another FAVORITE is the fuken chemistry flashpoint thruster (another DD) 5'7 x 19.5 i think.....that is a GREAT board......

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
My quiver for the fall 15/winter 16 season:

4` 21" 4" Chicken twinfin (under construction, pic coming soon)

5`6 19" 2 3/8" Flashdance quad

5`6" 20" 2 3/8" Witchcraft thruster

5x 6`0" standard shortboards that are between 18" - 20" wide all 2 3/8" thick.

6`10" 19 5/8" 2 1/2" step-up use it about one time pr year (Solebro pad placement)

7`0 20" 2 3/8" Return of Zarathustra singlefin

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
since northern shores is posting his junk, here's what I just worked on this rainy a.m.:
5'9 (5'8.5 after I snapped the nose off) x 19 x 2 3/8 twinzer for head to overhead days
dual density pu rails w/ shvtty 1.5# eps core

funky bill johnson, corey graham (not to disparage them) inspired channels