Shingles Vaccine.. Yay or Nay?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
All this talk about vaccines has me wondering about this one.

I've been thinking about getting it but know nothing about it. Has anyone got it?

I know I know.. do your own research but I figured you all already know more about it than I could ever so let's hear what you think about this one.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Aboot 1 hour ago at your favorite SB restaurant I heard a group of 4 talking about:

1. how painful and crappy shingles is
2. how some of them (but not all) felt like pure azz after the shot.

* never had it myself but from hearing what noted above lots of times, I'd probably rather get the shot with a day of feeling like crapola than having the shingles.

Reactions: keenfish

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
got it last year cause i turned 50...got Fuuuuu×!ng Siiiiiik...for a week...thats to be expected...they said...nausea chils flet like crap...thought it was covid so got a test...negative..

got it because a couple friends got shinglesthe year before ....bad results i got scarred

..one guy it hit him in the eye and he went blind...

the other guy in the ears and he lost all balance and permanent vertigo permanent nasuea...couldn't even sit up without barfing all over the place...

the other guy on the skin of his legs suuuuper bad pain for a month...couldn't lay down coundnt sit down ...had to sleep standing up for a month so no good sleep...he said serious significant pain...and hes not a wimp...former marine so not a whiner....

for me the important thing is the forst two guys will NOT be surfing or doing anything fun anymore....EVER....no more surfing ever...oh SH!T....

that's it....gimme the shot! :drowning:

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I'm 50 and know people who have gotten shingles - doesn't sound pleasant at all.

I am scheduling my shingles vax this week.

Reactions: keenfish

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
shingles vaccine sucks.

Shingles was worse.

I kept getting low level infections after my first major out break so it was a no brainer.

I has sores down my legs and all over my penis and a super hot young Vietnamese dr was checking it out and I started getting a boner when she was handling my wiener.

I'm a horny old creep.

What can I say?:roflmao:
Autoprax

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Fuhhhhh'ckk?!
I was hoping my fear was gonna go away I guess.
Okay. What's one more shot? It is one shot right?

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
I had a slight outbreak years ago. At the time, Shingles was not even on my radar and I was too young for my insurance to cover the vaccination. Doctor told my that I could suffer another outbreak and recommended that I get vaccinated. I did not even hesitate, did not want to have another outbreak. This was before Shingrix was available. When that become available, I got both doses of that also. Post the first dose, I felt a little flu like for a day. Following the second dose, nothing. If asking me, I would go for it, and make sure that you receive the two doses.

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
Fuhhhhh'ckk?!
I was hoping my fear was gonna go away I guess.
Okay. What's one more shot? It is one shot right?
You can do one dose, but doing the second dose is important as it "ensures long term protection"

SFKneelo

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 11, 2003
Bay Area
Visit site
All this talk about vaccines has me wondering about this one.

I've been thinking about getting it but know nothing about it. Has anyone got it?

I know I know.. do your own research but I figured you all already know more about it than I could ever so let's hear what you think about this one.
I had my first last month, and scheduling my 2nd.

Had a sore arm and was ‘off’ a day or two.

My Mom got shingles years ago, and she’s still dealing with it. My brother-in-law just got it. What they had in common was radiation treatment. Both highly suggested getting the shots.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Wifey got shingles a couple years ago, was fucking hammered for a week.
Couple months ago we both got shot #1 - she was fine and I spent the next day in bed.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Wifey got a rash on her side a couple of years ago, a couple of horizontal lines of rash. We recognized it as shingles and got her to the doctor so it didn't get far. My mother had it bad years ago - very painful. I got both shots in the summer - one made me tired I think - not much of a reaction.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was in pain for 3 weeks.

My skin hurt. Then my tissue hurt. And my bones hurt. It was painful to lie in bed. I had weeping sores.

Then I had really intense fever/body ache.

And I have a high threshold for pain.

This was high pain.

They say old people really get fucked over by shingles.

I was.

Reactions: Mr Doof

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I got it and had a bad reaction-my arm blew up like a ballon and a lump developed in my armpit that never went away. OTOH, a buddy of mine got shingles and it looked pretty horrible.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My employee got the shingles vaccine 10 days ago and he’s been in bed since.

His situation is rare.

I’ve had shingles. It’s miserable. That’s NOT rare. It’s miserable for everyone who gets it. You cannot truly understand just how miserable it is unless you’ve had it.

if you get it in your eye you’re probably going blind in that eye.

if you get it in your inner ear, which I did, you are fuckked. I got lucky in that my ear thing wasn’t permanent.

Get the vaccine.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
One of my aunts developed shingles on her on a side of her neck and going down the shoulder down to her forearm.

She said it was extremely painful, like she had 3rd degree burns for more than a month, plus she said it was terribly ugly to look at (she was a vain woman). A warm shower felt like someone was pouring boiling stew on those parts.

Since I had the pox of the chicken as a child, I got the Shingrix vaccine. Reaction to 2nd shot was worse for the first. Strong immune response had me gimping around like a hungover old man for 24 hrs (approximately 12 hrs after the shot).

24 hrs of ick to avoid feeling 3rd degree burns for a month sounds like a win to me.

Is it true that if you never had chicken pox and got that vax you’re in the clear?
Sort of.

Chickenpox as an adult sucks. Get the chickenpox vaccine.