Shingles Vaccine.. Yay or Nay?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I havent gotten the shingles vaccine yet
I just haven’t done anything to make it happen yet. i should, before I get shingles. I’m not sure why im ignoring it

Reactions: tenover

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Sort of.

Chickenpox as an adult sucks. Get the chickenpox vaccine.
I did when I was around 10 or so. iirc it was a relatively jab new at the time?

Chicken pox parties were all the rage yet I never came down with them and I started to refuse to hang out with toddlers so I’d catch it so they gave me the jab instead.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
shingles vaccine sucks.

Shingles was worse.

I kept getting low level infections after my first major out break so it was a no brainer.

I has sores down my legs and all over my penis and a super hot young Vietnamese dr was checking it out and I started getting a boner when she was handling my wiener.

I'm a horny old creep.

What can I say?:roflmao:
Autoprax
Yes, you are. A total wanker.

Reactions: Autoprax

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Wife and I got the shingles vaccine about 15 years ago. No after effects. No shingles to date. Got small pox, cholera, typhoid, typhus, tetanus, yellow fever, cholera, etc., decades ago and never got related diseases (I traveled heavily through SEA, Middle East, Latin America, Africa South and North of the Sahara, etc. etc. Vaccinations can be your friend if you believe the scientists are smarter than you! John

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Got small pox, cholera, typhoid, typhus, tetanus, yellow fever, cholera, etc., decades ago and never got related diseases (I traveled heavily through SEA, Middle East, Latin America, Africa South and North of the Sahara, etc. etc. Vaccinations can be your friend if you believe the scientists are smarter than you!
I got AIDs, syphilis, herpes versions 1, 2, 3 and 5, warts, scabies, crab lice, the clap, gonorrhea, diarrhea and hep a,b,c,d,e, and sometimes Y. After surviving I figured I'd done everything so I became a gardener.
But really, that's crazy. Those are some rare OG illnesses most of people in their 40s and even 50s were safe from. Small pox and yellow fever??!?!!

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I got AIDs, syphilis, herpes versions 1, 2, 3 and 5, warts, scabies, crab lice, the clap, gonorrhea, diarrhea and hep a,b,c,d,e, and sometimes Y. After surviving I figured I'd done everything so I became a gardener.
But really, that's crazy. Those are some rare OG illnesses most of people in their 40s and even 50s were safe from. Small pox and yellow fever??!?!!
The army medics initially treated herpes 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc., etc. with small pox vaccines but I don’t think it helped. The army would give non-judicial punishment (Article 15) to soldiers with repeated VD infections… it actually stood up to appeals since the soldiers body belonged to Uncle Sam. Traveling through out 3d world countries in the 60s until retirement I took as few chances as possible with diseases. Bad enough being someone’s target on occasion.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
That is called gonaherpasyphilitis. I had it once but the booze killed it straight away. :shaka:

The AIDs is something else.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
I got my two shingles vaccines back in Nov. and Dec.
Kicked my ass both times but I recovered within 24 hours after receiving them.
It was worse when I went to bed. Hot/Cold sweats, body aches, headaches and lots of restlessness...couldn't sleep.
I got adult chicken pox in my mid 40's even though I was exposed to it numerous times in my youth.
A friend of mine had shingles and he was a miserable mess. After seeing that sh!t I sure as hell was going to
get the vaccine.

Reactions: keenfish

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Anyone get it and use one of the anti-viral meds such as acyclovir, valacyclovir or famciclovir?

Last time I checked it was going to cost me about $160 for the vaccine.

Consumer reports says of the vaccine: The vaccine isn't foolproof, but for people aged 60 and older it reduces the risk of getting shingles by about 51 percent and, if you do get shingles, reduces the nerve pain it causes by close to 70 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I havent gotten the shingles vaccine yet
I just haven’t done anything to make it happen yet. i should, before I get shingles. I’m not sure why im ignoring it
You are avoiding because you have sense of how you will feel after the shot.

It's terrible.

But shingles is ten times more terribler.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Anyone get it and use one of the anti-viral meds such as acyclovir, valacyclovir or famciclovir?

Last time I checked it was going to cost me about $160 for the vaccine.

Consumer reports says of the vaccine: The vaccine isn't foolproof, but for people aged 60 and older it reduces the risk of getting shingles by about 51 percent and, if you do get shingles, reduces the nerve pain it causes by close to 70 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
My 63 year old sister kept getting after the shot.

The old biddy