Shingles Vaccine.. Yay or Nay?

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
How many years of clinical trials were done on the Shingles Vax before it came to market? I believe the correct answer is 3. I don't recall it being politicized or mandated?

Its tried and true with years of successful use. Not much to worry about with it.

Final question: How many shingles vaxxed people still get shingles? Millions?
Don't know about actual numbers but NFID says this. Sounds reasonable to me.

1641917124237.png

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Damn man, that's terrible.
and my description probably doesn't come close to the true extent and duration of his agony. Add to that a bottoming-out alcoholic wife (I tried speaking to her a few times, she said she wanted to get sober, lasted about a month, he finally divorced her) and then being trapped indoors for a year during the initial waves of Covid in 2020 (yes, post-herpetic neuralgia most definitely compromises one's immune system) i can't even imagine.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Had my second shot yesterday. First one no problems. This one is ruining me. Feel like hell plus freezing.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Had my second shot yesterday. First one no problems. This one is ruining me. Feel like hell plus freezing.
That's typical. I've held off because of it.

If you get the rare GBS syndrome, all bets are off. One of the nurses that works with my wife got it and 5 months out, she is still unable to work. Rare is all well and good until you're the one it happens to. Odds are you're fine. I suppose I'll do it, but I've been saying that for some time now. The GBS is nothing to sneeze at.

FDA Requires a Warning about Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) be Included in the Prescribing Information for Shingrix | FDA

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Shingles vaccine was almost as bad as the shingles. But it's only two days of hell.

The key is to have two days of strong pain meds and get shot on the Friday and take the weekend off.

But common sense has gone out the winder.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
That's typical. I've held off because of it.

If you get the rare GBS syndrome, all bets are off. One of the nurses that works with my wife got it and 5 months out, she is still unable to work. Rare is all well and good until you're the one it happens to. Odds are you're fine. I suppose I'll do it, but I've been saying that for some time now. The GBS is nothing to sneeze at.

FDA Requires a Warning about Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) be Included in the Prescribing Information for Shingrix | FDA

Had an aquaintance get Guillain Barre. IT was fucked. Completely changed his entire life in his late 30's/early 40's. Paralyzed for the better part of a year.
Watched the first year of his son's life from a hospital & rehab bed.
Relationship imploded.
still deals with physical impacts years later (Permanent limp. Can't surf. heavy fatigue. chronic pain).

I don't wish that sh!t on anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

This is what I said earlier about my 2nd shot:

"Since I had the pox of the chicken as a child, I got the Shingrix vaccine. Reaction to 2nd shot was worse for the first. Strong immune response had me gimping around like a hungover old man for 24 hrs (approximately 12 hrs after the shot)."

A month ago, one the brother-in-laws came down with a case of Shingles [coincidently(?) a month after his CV-19 infection].

His rash was up the right side of his shoulder to his face.

Thankfully didn't get to his eyes or lips.

Said the rash at times felt like a gym floor burn at night or icy cold after the morning coffee.

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
You're halfway there, finish the job. Then you too can brag how tough you were on the erBB. :computer:

Actually, I wonder what the % is for people on their 2nd vaccine who report the temporary icky reactions and the more terrible severe reactions like GWS or Bob report.

Reactions: Autoprax

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
You're halfway there, finish the job. Then you too can brag how tough you were on the erBB. :computer:

Actually, I wonder what the % is for people on their 2nd vaccine who report the temporary icky reactions and the more terrible severe reactions like GWS or Bob report.

Not looking to brag, just hoping NOT to get Shingles!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
You can get GBS from any vaccine. My mom got it from her second covid vaccine. She's fine now after less than a year. Most everyone makes a full recovery in a year.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Had an aquaintance get Guillain Barre. IT was fucked. Completely changed his entire life in his late 30's/early 40's. Paralyzed for the better part of a year.
Watched the first year of his son's life from a hospital & rehab bed.
Relationship imploded.
still deals with physical impacts years later (Permanent limp. Can't surf. heavy fatigue. chronic pain).

I don't wish that sh!t on anyone.
Yeah, the nurse in question was out of work for six months. Attempting to work now on a limited basis. Whether she will ever be the same, at any point down the line, is open for question.

Makes me think twice.

Re COVID vaccine, with the heart issues my daughter is having because of her last COVID shot I have reservations about that now. FWIW, I have talked with two cardiologists now re my daughters heart problems and both of them told me there are far, far more heart problems post COVID booster than the authorities are letting on. For young fit people, I would seriously think twice about the boosters. IMO.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
You can get GBS from any vaccine. My mom got it from her second covid vaccine. She's fine now after less than a year. Most everyone makes a full recovery in a year.
If you read about the symptoms, that's a long, long time.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
get the shot, bros.
I had shingles a few months ago. It was on my face near my left eye, had one bump on my eyelid. Was veery lucky it didn't affect my eye/vision. Otherwise, mine was a pretty mild case and caught early and treated with Rx. Was still searing pain under the skin / then itch for a couple weeks and I was out of the water/sun for a month.

Reactions: cmogenic

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
No worse than a hangover for me. Better than the Shingles. My father in law got a bad case around 80 and was never the same.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
had shingles at least 3 times because of stress at work especially during system conversions
if you stabbed a knife in me I wouldn't have felt it during those episodes it was like a hundred knives each time you moved.
10 times worse than those stabbing sensations you get when you throw out your lower back.
the two old age related shots I got soon as I qualified was the shingles and pneumonia shots neither of which I want to get in my old age.
No reaction to either nor to the four covid vaccine shots I've gotten
No different than getting the yearly flu shot or the injection of steroids in my knee every 6 months
now only if they could give me a shot to prevent dementia and cancer I'd be set.

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
good friend of mine had it years ago.... like DEATH. you don't want shingles