Sharpeye Surfboards

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
As you know I am RNF96's #1 fan, and I was looking for a board that kept that same speed I've gotten used to but in a longer length and a thruster setup (tall order). This fit that bill to a T. It felt so good to have this much speed and make proper thruster turns again.

There is an X factor to this board that I already love after one session.
This statement by a total stranger on the interweb is about to cost me a lot of money...what were your dims on the rnf?

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Have you ever had a Disco Cheater? That one has been on my list for a while. Now I'm debating between the tried and true vs the new and improved...
rode a DC once but it was way too big for me so i can't really give a fair review

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I'm most likely going to order a stoke 5'11 x 19.25 x 2.5 29.15L #77 in Varial to sit between my 5'8 Stamps Flare and my 6'0 Ghost to see what all the hype is about.

I do think it's funny that every bort listed on their site says " _____ from SharpEye Surfboards delivers the world's fastest surfboard..." and they use the French spelling for "manoevres".

Last edited:
Reactions: j_mac

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Re: Disco Cheater fins, I liked the fcs2 MF twin trailer set in smaller and softer waves (although I did get some good HH barrels on it with those fins) and the large AM's. It felt like a fairly fin agnostic board and worked good with all the fin sets I tried in it.

Reactions: morrisone

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Do we like Sharpeyes standard PU glassing? Hold up? I asked xtr if they had the file but never heard back
Sharpeye's off the rack glassing is very good. I've only had issues with the custom team light glassed boards my son was getting. He'd split the deck along the stringer so on the last couple of customs I added my own deck patch as soon as the boards arrived to prevent the issue.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Disco Cheater fins, I liked the fcs2 MF twin trailer set in smaller and softer waves (although I did get some good HH barrels on it with those fins) and the large AM's. It felt like a fairly fin agnostic board and worked good with all the fin sets I tried in it.
Fin agnostic sounds epic. Man I wish my boards would: "believe that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of FINS or of anything beyond material phenomena; a SURFBOARD who claims neither faith nor disbelief in FINS"

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo and Aruka

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I picked up a regular Disco last summer and tried a bunch of different sets of fins in it and wasn't really happy until I put a set of the cheap plasticy FCS Carvers in Large.
I should try this. Had the same set of fcs performers or whateverthefuck fcs calls the okay at everything fin since day 1.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Sometimes a more flexible fin feels better in a board than the latest greatest carbon fiber.
noticed this at a spot that has a looong slopey section IF you can even connect the outside to inside. more wiggle on the big flat spots where you don't have as much speed

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Any ride reports from the Storms Twin Turbo? Any fin recs?
I've had about 10 sessions on mine, love it! Good glide, holds a rail, spicy. I will say it's not as easy to ride as my RNF (R.I.P.).
At first I was using the MF 2+1 which felt okay albeit a bit stiff. Switched to BMTs twins, board went faster but the release was a bit unpredictable. Then I put MR 2+1 in it and they feel perfect.
I put an order in for a cheat code today as a belated bday present to myself after really enjoying both the Inferno FT and the TT. Some day I'm gonna man up and get a Synergy too haha

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I've had about 10 sessions on mine, love it! Good glide, holds a rail, spicy. I will say it's not as easy to ride as my RNF (R.I.P.).
At first I was using the MF 2+1 which felt okay albeit a bit stiff. Switched to BMTs twins, board went faster but the release was a bit unpredictable. Then I put MR 2+1 in it and they feel perfect.
I put an order in for a cheat code today as a belated bday present to myself after really enjoying both the Inferno FT and the TT. Some day I'm gonna man up and get a Synergy too haha
what dims cheat code? and what dims TT are you riding

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
what dims cheat code? and what dims TT are you riding
TT 5'10 x 20.5 x 2.63 33.9l
CC 5'10 x 19.88 x 2.63 32.9l
Shortboards 6'0 x 19.5 x 2.5 32l
Me 6'2 probably 195

TT a bit wider than I would order it got it second hand for cheap

Reactions: tedshred5

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Screenshot_20231109_121024_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20231109_123503_Photos.jpg

My buddy just sent me a few short clips on what must have been the first session on the TT. I think this is the first time I'm seeing myself in motion, crazy how the footage exposes flaws in your technique (lead arm never rotates far enough on cutbacks, facial expression like i got diarrhea etc)). Sold the board since, at the XL dims it always felt a bit wide.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
View attachment 166325View attachment 166326

My buddy just sent me a few short clips on what must have been the first session on the TT. I think this is the first time I'm seeing myself in motion, crazy how the footage exposes flaws in your technique (lead arm never rotates far enough on cutbacks, facial expression like i got diarrhea etc)). Sold the board since, at the XL dims it always felt a bit wide.
Greetings, fellow Northen ape :monkey: :)

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

What coastline are we looking at here? East Coast? West Coast? Nova Scotia?

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

did you get your Cheat Code yet?