Selling My Car on Craigslist. Advice?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I don't know who would even buy a used car online, sight unseen without it being looked at by either the new prospective buyer or by an authorized rep for that buyer.

You're worried about getting burned on the transaction, but it goes both ways...

Reactions: grapedrink

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I don't know who would even buy a used car online, sight unseen without it being looked at by either the new prospective buyer or by an authorized rep for that buyer.

You're worried about getting burned on the transaction, but it goes both ways...

I'm an automotive freak. Saw this episode on TV. This guy bought a Fiat convertible online for his wife. Sight unseen. The thing ended up having a cracked control arm that could have sheared off and killed her. A toasted motor. Ect, ect,ect.... Dude ended up paying more money to fix it than he paid for it...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm an automotive freak. Saw this episode on TV. This guy bought a Fiat convertible online for his wife. Sight unseen. The thing ended up having a cracked control arm that could have sheared off and killed her. A toasted motor. Ect, ect,ect.... Dude ended up paying more money to fix it than he paid for it...
Yeah, for what it costs to fix cars in the current economic climate of high costs and a small skilled labor pool, that seems to be the norm.

In September some asshole deer jetted across 101N. By the time it was visible, there was no slowing down, so i took my foot off the gas and let her rip and sent that thing into a tailspin. Did $5k worth of damage across all 4 side panels. Took it to the body shop and my employer picked up the deductible.

At this point I am wishing I had pocketed the insurance money and sold the rest of the car for scrap or for super cheap, since the damage was pretty much all cosmetic.

Reactions: Leaverite

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I've seen local guys hit a deer, cut the backstrap out and go about their way looking forward to dinner. I guess I would too it's mighty tasty. Lots of deer strikes around here.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Husband: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home!
Officer: Age?
Husband: I'm not sure. Somewhere between 50 and 60. We don't do birthdays.
Officer: Height?
Husband: I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.
OFFICER: Weight?
Husband: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.
OFFICER : Color of eyes?
Husband: Sort of brown.
OFFICER: Color of hair?
Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I can't remember.
OFFICER: What was she wearing?
Husband: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.
OFFICER : What kind of car did she go in?
Husband: She went in my truck.
OFFICER : What kind of truck was it?
Husband: A 2017, manufactured September 16th, pearl white Ram Limited 4X4 with 6.4l Hemi V8 engine ordered with the Ram Box bar and fridge option, led lighting, back up and front camera, Moose hide leather heated and cooled seats, climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, Weather Tech floor mats. Trailing package with gold hitch, sunroof, DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio, Cobra 75 WX ST 40-channel CB radio, six cup holders, 3 USB ports, and 4 power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Toyo tires. It has custom retracting running boards and under-glow wheel well lighting. At this point the husband started choking up.
OFFICER : Take it easy sir, We'll find your truck.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I've seen local guys hit a deer, cut the backstrap out and go about their way looking forward to dinner. I guess I would too it's mighty tasty. Lots of deer strikes around here.
It's incredibly wasteful to take only the backstrap. Come on.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
It happens. Some people probably try to take as much as possible but you have to get to it quickly I don't butcher at all. In fact that's probably why I never got into killing mammals. That's not fun.