San Clemente's "2 Percenters" : the next "Brazilian Storm"?

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
The girls might make it, but for the guys the tour is done. Noone is gonna out-Felipe Felipe at his own game anytime soon. Add in Medina and Italo and there is zero chance for anyone else.

Reactions: kawika and Havoc

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Two things stick out:

1) none of those kids hold a candle to the Aussie or Brazilian talent
2) Kolohe looks like the best surfer on the planet when compared to his costars
Agree to disagree - Cole looks to be the real deal..giant turns on monster sections.. who knows how he will do on tour, but I prefer his surfing to doofapinto

Reactions: Northern_Shores

Frankie Bones

OTF status
May 6, 2002
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Wealth kids of San Clemente (and California) will never stand a chance against a poor Brazo with nothing to lose. You can't cant teach grit!
Agreed. It's probably been said here before, but the more gentrified the coastal towns of CA have become in the last 30 years, the less likely a kid of humble means with nothing to lose is going to live near the ocean and pursue a career in surfing as a way to a better life.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The Ct feels pretty stagnated outside the top 5 at this point. More fodder.

Houshmand "could" be interesting so long as he stays away from aanything Kolohe, Snips, or anyone else from SC has to tell him. He needs to go pedal to the floor or go home. That crew will only water him down.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021

Houshmand "could" be interesting so long as he stays away from aanything Kolohe, Snips, or anyone else from SC has to tell him. He needs to go pedal to the floor or go home. That crew will only water him down.
Big turns on big waves and he might make the top 10.
No chance against the lightweights in under head high...

Reactions: vanrysss and PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Two things stick out:

1) none of those kids hold a candle to the Aussie or Brazilian talent
2) Kolohe looks like the best surfer on the planet when compared to his costars
For discussion, which Aussie talent are you referring to?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

I honestly like watching Kolohe edits.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Welp, his edits never helped him win a CT event.
I think I stopped watching WCT events when Dane quit the tour. Peak-watchability was a long time ago. I wonder if they need to change the format to be more like a Japanese game show where there's real risk to the competitors - maybe add a slalom where they weave through SUPers and adult learners on logs. Teams could be organized along national and local lines like Ultimate Beastmaster. Instead of posing with third worlders like White African Space Christs, they could complete missions through dangerous third world neighborhoods.

1701459596485.png

No, I am not entertained.

• Haha
Reactions: ZZ Soft Top