Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Sick ones. The pin holes on the deck side are normal, just like XTR. Would love to see some more pics of those two when you can.
Here are a few more photos, I bought some Naked Viking Twins for the twin fin. Used them on my Waterhog last week and wow without the center fin, so much faster! Supposed to be 4'-6' and clean tomorrow; plan on using the Twin Fin, but can't wait to see how the Rooster Venturi bottom feels, bringing that board on a trip in a couple of weeks so don't want to deal with removing wax so may not take it out yet...set up on the twin is PU heavy glass job, hope I did not over do it. Certainly has added weight.

1571734965564.jpeg1571734931642.jpeg1571735312665.jpeg1571735419887.jpeg

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Are those the Nautilus NV fins ?
They are the KRAKEN TWIN FUTURES - HAND FOILED, they seem decent, on some of the fin boxes the fin partially blocks the screw a little, you can fit fin key, but at first a little weird. They seem pretty so far, rode them twice, and again Waterhog was crazy fast, made for a fun session.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
I was at a Surfride demo and Clint set me up with a rooster ... never was a fan of venturi bottom boards but that board changed my mind

R. Makes great boards

Come to think of it over all these years I have never rode one I did not like

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
I was at a Surfride demo and Clint set me up with a rooster ... never was a fan of venturi bottom boards but that board changed my mind

R. Makes great boards

Come to think of it over all these years I have never rode one I did not like
Good news thanks!

I am looking forward to riding it, trip coming up so holding off on waxing it up. The Venturi bottom has a sweet look to it. Rode the Twin Fin two days ago in 4-6' beach break that was relatively clean, a somewhat soupy day, a lot of water flowing and a tough paddle out, caught some of the larger sets and it really flies and held nicely: felt the missing tri-fin on one really late drop = wipe out. Then rode it the following day on the dropping swell ~3'+ more glassy and had some really fun/fast rides. Won't say I have figured the board out completely, always play mental games when out on a new board, but the Twin seems like if there is some nice open face stuff, it will be extremely fun and offer a very different experience vs. the typical tri/quad.

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I spoke with my buddy in the water today and he demo'd a blade. He said there was no way he was going to like it when holding under arm but was pleasantly surprised when he rode it. Something of the effect of instant speed on takeoff and being able to take the high line like a quad and the rails push back on turns. He can surf so it was some interesting feedback.

Reactions: Maz, jkb and Aruka

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Nice! The Blade looks sweet, I was close to getting that vs. the Twin Fin, but felt with with the Venturi stuff going on I would deviate from the 'normal' designs and see how it impacts my surfing; maybe I the board will teach me something new.