Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Interesting that the stock dims for a 5' 8" Hatchet are listed as 20" wide / 2.28" thick @ 31.48L but the dims shown in the video (also a 5' 8" for Kevin Shulz) are 18.8" wide / 2.1" think at 26.9L.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
And a round tail

But he is a pro with mad skills . Rusty knows how to shape him a good example of the model

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
shiv looks like the shiz

waiting for my rusty flat dick twin fin to get here, hopefully this week.
Is that a model or just a custom? Conversed with Clint about getting the Quad Fish (concave deck) as a twin or twinzer.

Reactions: retodd

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Is that a model or just a custom? Conversed with Clint about getting the Quad Fish (concave deck) as a twin or twinzer.
it's a custom flat deck version of their twin fin based on one that retodd's buddy got.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Rusty has a $100 off deal goin on their website right now for stock or customs

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
I love Rusty. Great boards and incredible customer experience. I just ordered my second Blackbird through my local shop, Wise. Rusty P. himself emails me a day later with the files and asks me what I think. Answers my questions promptly decisively. He's personally going to shape my board in the next week, and it will be on a truck to SF soon after. Compare this to my local shaper who took a deposit from me 6 months ago and then ghosted, or Lost ... who you can't even contact directly and who leave you in waiting purgatory. Viva Rusty!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I love Rusty. Great boards and incredible customer experience. I just ordered my second Blackbird through my local shop, Wise. Rusty P. himself emails me a day later with the files and asks me what I think. Answers my questions promptly decisively. He's personally going to shape my board in the next week, and it will be on a truck to SF soon after. Compare this to my local shaper who took a deposit from me 6 months ago and then ghosted, or Lost ... who you can't even contact directly and who leave you in waiting purgatory. Viva Rusty!
That's good to hear. I just ordered my first custom Rusty's a couple weeks ago (blackbird and twinny) and the experience has been great so far. The online builder is probably the best out there, they responded to emails pretty quickly and when I called with a question Clint answered and took time to go over dims with me on both boards.

Reactions: jkb and retodd

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
loved rustys in my 3 fin days.
havent liked their quads though

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
That's good to hear. I just ordered my first custom Rusty's a couple weeks ago (blackbird and twinny) and the experience has been great so far. The online builder is probably the best out there, they responded to emails pretty quickly and when I called with a question Clint answered and took time to go over dims with me on both boards.
Be careful with the online builder, it was 1.5 liters off when I ordered my blade. Maybe the software couldn't account for the flat deck?

And yeah, what's up with their quad placement? On all boards except the Hachet, they look weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka