RUSHA! RUSHA! RUSHA!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You're such a drama queen.
Here is what I propose: Take every bad actor arrested inside the Capital building causing damage and line them up for a firing squad. Zero tolerance. When the dust settles we will find that the bad actors here were the same anarchist assholes who have caused problems from coast to coast for years regardless of what they wore for today's festivities. Line them up and put them down.
[/QUOTE

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You're the one who interjected more of your insanity about 2020........not me.
How's the ink-print vote and the juxtaposition with acetone going?

(to throw you a bone, the best way to mark people is with nitric acid. That yellow stain does not go away easy)

Reactions: hal9000

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP/RUSSIA TIMELINE (1977 - 2013)

- Trump became the target of a joint Czech intelligence services and KGB spying operation after he married Czech model Ivana and was cultivated as an "asset" by Russian intelligence, who gained an interest in Trump as an exploitable target.”

- Soviet Ambassador Yuri Dubinin invites Trump on an all-expenses-paid trip to the Soviet Union. Trump and his wife, Ivana, who spoke Russian, make their first visit to the Soviet Union. They scout potential construction sites for a Trump Tower Moscow.

, December 26 - Dissolution of the Soviet Union

1996 - Trump returns to Russia, visits Moscow to scout potential properties for "skyscrapers and hotels", registers his trademark, and makes connections with the Russian development company, Bayrock Group, and Felix Sater, who became crucial to later Trump Moscow talks

2004 - Manafort begins his relationship with his patron, Deripaska.

2005 - Trump gives Bayrock Group an exclusive deal to build a Trump-branded property in Moscow. Kilimnik leaves the International Republican Institute (IRI) to work for Manafort in Ukraine. Paul Manafort and a business partner, Rick Davis, propose a plan to Oleg Deripaska under which they would influence news coverage, business dealings, and politics in the former Soviet Union, Europe, and the United States "to benefit President Vladimir Putin's government".

- At Donald Trump's request, Sater accompanies Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump JR. on a Moscow trip and arranges for Ivanka to sit in Putin's chair during a tour of the Kremlin.

2007 - Trump praises Putin in an interview on CNN. Trump attends the Millionaire's Fair in Moscow, where he announces that Trump Vodka will expand its distribution into Russia, his first foray into the Russian market. Trump sends Putin a congratulatory letter for being named Time magazine's "Man of the Year". He writes, "As you probably have heard, I am a big fan of yours!”

- Trump JR. travels to Russia a half-dozen times in 18 months, looking for deals.

2008–2013
: Carter Page is an "operational contact" for the CIA, which means the agency can ask him for information he already knows but not task him with gathering information.

Trump sells a Palm Beach estate to Russian oligarch Dmitry Rybolovlev for a record $95 million. Trump bought the property for $41.35 million three years earlier and made only minor improvements. Trump JR, then an executive vice president of The Trump Organization, says, "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets, say, in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

- Trump and Bannon first meet. Trump says he is thinking of running for president in 2012; Bannon replies, "for what country?"

2012 - Manafort receives the last of $12.7 million in payments from the Ukrainian Party of Regions.

2013 - Carter Page, a petroleum industry consultant, passes documents about the oil market to Victor Podobnyy, a Russian intelligence agent, who is later charged with being an unregistered foreign agent in 2015.

The FBI interviews Manafort about his offshore business dealings.

Eric Trump tells author James Dodson, "We don't rely on American banks… We have all the funding we need out of Russia. We go there all the time".

Page sends a letter to an academic press in which he claims to be an adviser to the Kremlin.

In an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman, Donald Trump says he has conducted "a lot of business with the Russians" and that he has met President Vladimir Putin.

The Trump-owned Miss Universe pageant is held in Moscow, sponsored by Sberbank. According to various reports, the event's $20 million licensing fee is paid by a Moscow real estate development firm called the Crocus Group, whose president is Aras Agalarov and vice president is his son, pop singer Emin Agalarov. After the event, Trump tells Real Estate Weekly, "the Russian market is attracted to me. I have a great relationship with many Russians". During the trip, Trump meets Herman Gref, the CEO of state-controlled Sberbank, Russia's largest bank, and other oligarchs close to Putin. Agalarov and Gref co-host a dinner for Trump at the Moscow branch of Nobu, which is owned by Agalarov.

Afterwards, Trump tweets to Agalarov, "I had a great weekend with you and your family. You have done a FANTASTIC job. TRUMP TOWER-MOSCOW is next." The Moscow Times reports that Trump is in talks with Russian companies to build a new Trump tower in Moscow. Donald Trump, Trump Jr., Emin Agalarov, and Kaveladze reach an agreement for the Trump Tower Moscow project under which the Trump Organization would receive a 3.5% commission on all sales.

In 2013 on his way to Moscow for his Miss Universe, Trump tweeted the question: “…will [Putin] become my new best friend?”  

Timeline of investigations into Donald Trump and Russia (2020–2022) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE 2014

All the following occurs during the year 2014 shortened version:
Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections - Wikipedia

"The Crocus Group sends The Trump Organization a proposal to build a 194-meter tall building with 800 units at the Crocus City site in Moscow where the Miss Universe pageant was held. Trump Jr. and Emin Agalarov sign the proposal.

Kushner and Ivanka Trump travel to Russia on a four-day trip at the invitation of Dasha Zhukova, a longtime friend of Ivanka and the wife of Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich. Ivanka and Emin Agalarov tour the proposed Trump Tower Moscow site at Crocus City. In 2016–17, Kushner omits the trip from his security clearance applications. In a Fox and Friends phone interview, Trump says Putin contacted him while he was in Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant.

Obama initiates international sanctions on certain Russian individuals, businesses and officials, in response to the Russian military intervention in Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea.

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Trump says, "You know, I was in Moscow a couple of months ago, I own the Miss Universe Pageant and they treated me so great. Putin even sent me a present, a beautiful present."

Trump posts two tweets praising Putin regarding "Russian Empire" on the day the Russian Federal Assembly ratifies the Treaty on Accession of the "Republic of Crimea", formalizing the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation. The Russian Internet Research Agency (IRA) creates a department called the "translator project". The department's focus is on interfering in the U.S. election.

The Obama administration receives a report from a well-connected Russian source that Russia is building disinformation infrastructure to disrupt the political systems in the United States and Europe.

On the Fox News show Cashin' In, Trump says Putin has taken the mantle from Obama. He continues, "Interestingly, I own the Miss Universe pageant, and we just left Moscow. Putin could not have been nicer. He was so nice and so everything. But you have to give him credit that what he's doing for that country [Russia] in terms of their world prestige is very strong." The Internet Research Agency (IRA) begins its election interference campaign of "spreading distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general".

Speaking at a National Press Club luncheon, Trump again claims to have spoken to Putin. "I own the Miss Universe. I was in Russia. I was in Moscow recently. And I spoke indirectly and directly with President Putin who could not have been nicer. And we had a tremendous success."

BuzzFeed News reports on a cache of Internet Archive emails leaked by Russian hackers. The emails reveal a well-funded effort to recruit and train online trolls to post comments on top American websites.

Kaveladze emails Trump Jr. and others about design elements and architectural details for Trump Tower Moscow.

Aleksandra Krylova and Anna Bogacheva, two IRA employees, travel to the U.S. to collect intelligence. Maria Bovda, a third employee, is denied a visa. All three are indicted in February 2018 for their work on election interference.

Dutch intelligence gains access to Russian hacking group Cozy Bear, which later, together with Fancy Bear, hacked the DNC servers. They were able to photograph each hacker, get their names, and compile dossiers on each, as they were watching the Russians perform their hacking operations in real time.

July 7: The Trump Organization sends Crocus Group a set of questions about the "demographics of these prospective buyers" in the area around the proposed Trump Tower Moscow site, the development of neighboring parcels, and concepts for redesigning portions of the building.

The FBI interviews Manafort about his international business dealings.

Lieutenant General Flynn retires from the U.S. Army.

Butina resigns from her position as the head of "Right to Bear Arms".

The Trump Organization becomes less and less responsive to emails from the Crocus Group about the Trump Tower Moscow project, with the last response sent on November 24. Discussions end in the planning stage with no construction occurring.

Defense Department lawyer informs Flynn in writing that as a retired officer he is bound by the emoluments clause of the U.S. constitution because he can be recalled to service at any time. On April 27, 2017, Flynn comes under investigation for possibly receiving emoluments from Turkey and Russia.

Bruce Ohr and Christopher Steele discuss cultivating Deripaska as a U.S. intelligence asset.

A tweet allegedly from a woman in New York City claims that she had food poisoning from a turkey she bought at Walmart. Within hours, there are numerous similar postings on Tumblr and Twitter making similar claims, Wikipedia articles about the incident, and a story on an alleged news site. All are created by the IRA in what is later believed to be a test to gauge how easily they can manipulate Americans."

Reactions: need 4 speed

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE 2015 (part 1)

All the following occurs during the FIRST HALF of 2015 (much shortened version):
Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections - Wikipedia

"A court filing by the U.S. government contains a transcript of a recorded conversation between two members of a Russian SVR spy ring, Victor Podobnyy and Igor Sporyshev. Their conversation concerns efforts to recruit "Male-1", later confirmed as Carter Page. Podobnyy calls Page an "idiot" and tells Sporyshev, "You get the documents from him and tell him to go fuck himself".

U.S. Intelligence intercepts conversations of Russian government officials discussing associates of Donald Trump.

The IRA performs its first experiment in organizing a live event. They lure Facebook users in New York City to a purported event offering free hot dogs. There are no hot dogs, but enough people show up for the IRA to consider the experiment a success.  

Donald Trump announces his candidacy for president.

Thousands of fake Twitter accounts run by the IRA begin to praise Trump over his political opponents by a wide margin, according to a later analysis by The Wall Street Journal.

Maria Butina attends FreedomFest in Las Vegas, where Trump is speaking and taking questions. She asks Trump his stance on continuing sanctions; he replies he knows Putin and doesn't think sanctions are needed.

Torshin and Butina discuss Rohrabacher over Twitter direct messages. He tells Butina that he believes Rohrabacher is "under the watch" of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Roger Stone leaves the Trump campaign. The campaign says it fired Stone, but Stone insists he quit. He subsequently gives the press a resignation letter that the campaign says it never received.

The FBI Washington field office contacts technical staff at the DNC headquarters to alert them that their computer systems have been penetrated and data compromised by the Russians.

An FBI special agent reports to the DNC that at least one of its computer systems has been hacked by an espionage team linked to the Russian government.

Jill Stein speaks briefly with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at a Russia Today gala in New York City. She is an invited guest at the event.

The FBI and Ohr try to recruit Deripaska as an informant on the Kremlin and Russian organized crime in exchange for a U.S. visa. Steele helped set up the meeting.

A New York architect completes plans for a bold glass obelisk 100 stories high in Moscow, with the Trump logo on multiple sides.

Cohen attempts to arrange a meeting between Trump and Putin during the United Nations General Assembly session, with Trump asking for status updates several times. After phone calls and emails, a Russian official finally tells Cohen that such a meeting would not follow protocol.

The IRA begins posting videos on YouTube primarily aimed at African-Americans, eventually posting over 1,100 videos with 43 hours of content on 17 YouTube channels. The politically oriented videos are anti-Clinton, and some videos discourage African Americans from voting or encourage voting for Jill Stein.

Trump speaks at the Yalta European Strategy conference in Kyiv via satellite. The organizer of the event, Victor Pinchuk, donates $150,000 to Trump's charity, the Trump Foundation.

Felix Sater meets with Michael Cohen on behalf of I.C. Expert Investment Company to discuss building a Trump Tower in Moscow. I.C. Expert is a Russian real estate development corporation controlled by Andrei Vladimirovich Rozov. Sater agrees to find a developer and arrange for financing.

On Hugh Hewitt's radio program, Trump says, "The oligarchs are under Putin's control, to a large extent. I mean, he can destroy them, and he has destroyed some of them... Two years ago, I was in Moscow... I was with the top-level people, both oligarchs and generals, and top-of-the-government people. I can't go further than that, but I will tell you that I met the top people, and the relationship was extraordinary."

Cohen forwards a Trump Tower Moscow preliminary design study to Giorgi Rtskhiladze, who then emails it to his associate Simon Nizharadze, writing, "If we could organize the meeting in New York at the highest level of the Russian Government and Mr. Trump this project would definitely receive the worldwide attention."

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE - 2015 (part 2)

This is about one third of the actual timeline. Minor events are omitted.

"Rtskhiladze emails Cohen a draft letter for the Trump Organization to send to the mayor of Moscow, explaining, "we need to send this letter to the Mayor of Moscow…He is aware of the potential project and will pledge his support." Later that day he sends Cohen a translation of the letter that describes Trump Tower Moscow as a "symbol of stronger economic, business and cultural relationships between New York and Moscow and therefore United States and the Russian Federation."

Flynn receives $11,250 from Kaspersky Government Security Solutions Inc., the American subsidiary of Kaspersky Lab, owned by Eugene Kaspersky.

Flynn gives an interview to Russia Today in which he criticizes the U.S. approach to ISIS and suggests the U.S. work with Russia to confront the group. After the interview, his son, Flynn Jr., receives an invitation from Russia Today for Flynn to be a guest of honor at their December gala in Moscow.

Sater emails Cohen about his plans to meet with and persuade Andrey Molchanov to provide the land for a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Trump signs a letter of intent (LOI) to construct a Trump-branded building in Moscow hours before the third Republican presidential debate, a fact made public in August 2017. The LOI proposes that the tower have "approximately 250 first class, luxury residential condominiums" and "one first class, luxury hotel consisting of approximately 15 floors and containing not fewer than 150 hotel rooms." The Trump Organization would receive 1%–5% of all condominium sales and 3% of all rental and other revenues, and 20% of the operating profit.

Jill Stein and Nadia Ivanova of Russia Today discuss arranging meetings for Stein with Russian government officials during Stein's upcoming trip to Moscow, including with Putin and Lavrov. According to Stein, she makes her request through Russia Today because she has contacts there and doesn't know anyone at the Russian embassy.

Trump associate Felix Sater emails Trump lawyer Michael Cohen: "Michael, I arranged for Ivanka to sit in Putin's private chair at his desk and office in the Kremlin [...] Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin's team to buy in on this". Sater also tells Cohen that the Kremlin's VTB Bank is ready to finance a Trump Tower project in Moscow.

In an email to Cohen, Sater predicts that building a Trump Tower in Moscow will help Trump's presidential campaign. "I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected."

At the Republican debate in Milwaukee, Trump claims that he met Putin in a green room and "got to know him very well" while waiting to record their 60 minutes interviews that aired on September 27. Fact checkers quickly point out that Trump and Putin could not have met in the green room because Trump was interviewed in New York City and Putin was interviewed in Moscow.

Flynn signs a contract with Russia Today to speak at its December gala in Moscow.

IC Expert, the developer for the Trump Tower Moscow project and a signatory to Trump's letter of intent, receives a non-revolving line of credit from Sberbank for 10.6 billion rubles. IC Expert provides 100% of its equity to secure the line of credit. Sberbank agrees to finance 70% of the Trump Tower Moscow project, its largest commercial real estate loan to date.

Klokov writes in an email to Cohen that he is a "trusted person" offering "political synergy" and "synergy on a government level" to the Trump campaign. He suggests that Cohen travel to Moscow and meet with him and an intermediary. He says the conversations could facilitate an informal meeting between Trump and Putin, and that any such meeting must be separate from any business negotiations, though it would lead to high-level support for projects.

The IRA creates the @TEN_GOP Twitter account. Purporting to be the "Unofficial Twitter account of Tennessee Republicans," it peaks at over 100,000 followers.

Julian Assange privately tells a group of core WikiLeaks supporters that he prefers the GOP win the election because Clinton "is a bright, well connected, sadistic sociopath" who will have "greater freedom to start wars than the GOP and has the will to do so".

Kolokov writes in an email to Cohen that a properly publicized meeting between Trump and Putin could have a "phenomenal" impact "in a business dimension" and boost the "level" of projects if he receives Putin's endorsement.   Cohen rejects Kolokov's offers, writing, "Currently our LOI developer is in talks with VP's Chief of Staff and arranging a formal invite for the two to meet.” In September 2018, Cohen tells Mueller's team that he rejected the offers because he was already pursuing business with Sater and understood Sater had Russian government connections of his own.

In an email to Brownell, Erickson writes, "most of the FSB agents 'assigned' to Maria Butina want to marry her", saying that is why she was able to arrange a tour of a Russian arms factory for the NRA delegation.

Flynn gives a paid speech on world affairs in Moscow, at a gala dinner organized by RT. Flynn had appeared on RT as an analyst after retiring from the U.S. Army. Putin is the dinner's guest of honor. Flynn is seated next to Putin; among the 10 people seated at the head table are Stein, Wimmer, RT Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan, and members of Putin's inner circle,

Cohen emails Sater complaining about the lack of progress on the Trump Tower Moscow project. Sater responds that he helped bury an ABC News story in which Trump denied knowing him. Cohen tells Sater in a text message that he will set up a meeting with Russian government officials himself.  

Sater tells Cohen that Genbank, recently put under U.S. sanctions, will be the new funder for the Trump Tower Moscow project.

Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump are included on emails about the Trump Tower Moscow project. Ivanka Trump recommends an architect.”

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE - 2015 (part 2)

This is about one third of the actual timeline. Minor events are omitted.

"Rtskhiladze emails Cohen a draft letter for the Trump Organization to send to the mayor of Moscow, explaining, "we need to send this letter to the Mayor of Moscow…He is aware of the potential project and will pledge his support." Later that day he sends Cohen a translation of the letter that describes Trump Tower Moscow as a "symbol of stronger economic, business and cultural relationships between New York and Moscow and therefore United States and the Russian Federation."

Flynn receives $11,250 from Kaspersky Government Security Solutions Inc., the American subsidiary of Kaspersky Lab, owned by Eugene Kaspersky.

Flynn gives an interview to Russia Today in which he criticizes the U.S. approach to ISIS and suggests the U.S. work with Russia to confront the group. After the interview, his son, Flynn Jr., receives an invitation from Russia Today for Flynn to be a guest of honor at their December gala in Moscow.

Sater emails Cohen about his plans to meet with and persuade Andrey Molchanov to provide the land for a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Trump signs a letter of intent (LOI) to construct a Trump-branded building in Moscow hours before the third Republican presidential debate, a fact made public in August 2017. The LOI proposes that the tower have "approximately 250 first class, luxury residential condominiums" and "one first class, luxury hotel consisting of approximately 15 floors and containing not fewer than 150 hotel rooms." The Trump Organization would receive 1%–5% of all condominium sales and 3% of all rental and other revenues, and 20% of the operating profit.

Jill Stein and Nadia Ivanova of Russia Today discuss arranging meetings for Stein with Russian government officials during Stein's upcoming trip to Moscow, including with Putin and Lavrov. According to Stein, she makes her request through Russia Today because she has contacts there and doesn't know anyone at the Russian embassy.

Trump associate Felix Sater emails Trump lawyer Michael Cohen: "Michael, I arranged for Ivanka to sit in Putin's private chair at his desk and office in the Kremlin [...] Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin's team to buy in on this". Sater also tells Cohen that the Kremlin's VTB Bank is ready to finance a Trump Tower project in Moscow.

In an email to Cohen, Sater predicts that building a Trump Tower in Moscow will help Trump's presidential campaign. "I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected."

At the Republican debate in Milwaukee, Trump claims that he met Putin in a green room and "got to know him very well" while waiting to record their 60 minutes interviews that aired on September 27. Fact checkers quickly point out that Trump and Putin could not have met in the green room because Trump was interviewed in New York City and Putin was interviewed in Moscow.

Flynn signs a contract with Russia Today to speak at its December gala in Moscow.

IC Expert, the developer for the Trump Tower Moscow project and a signatory to Trump's letter of intent, receives a non-revolving line of credit from Sberbank for 10.6 billion rubles. IC Expert provides 100% of its equity to secure the line of credit. Sberbank agrees to finance 70% of the Trump Tower Moscow project, its largest commercial real estate loan to date.

Klokov writes in an email to Cohen that he is a "trusted person" offering "political synergy" and "synergy on a government level" to the Trump campaign. He suggests that Cohen travel to Moscow and meet with him and an intermediary. He says the conversations could facilitate an informal meeting between Trump and Putin, and that any such meeting must be separate from any business negotiations, though it would lead to high-level support for projects.

The IRA creates the @TEN_GOP Twitter account. Purporting to be the "Unofficial Twitter account of Tennessee Republicans," it peaks at over 100,000 followers.

Julian Assange privately tells a group of core WikiLeaks supporters that he prefers the GOP win the election because Clinton "is a bright, well connected, sadistic sociopath" who will have "greater freedom to start wars than the GOP and has the will to do so".

Kolokov writes in an email to Cohen that a properly publicized meeting between Trump and Putin could have a "phenomenal" impact "in a business dimension" and boost the "level" of projects if he receives Putin's endorsement.   Cohen rejects Kolokov's offers, writing, "Currently our LOI developer is in talks with VP's Chief of Staff and arranging a formal invite for the two to meet.” In September 2018, Cohen tells Mueller's team that he rejected the offers because he was already pursuing business with Sater and understood Sater had Russian government connections of his own.

In an email to Brownell, Erickson writes, "most of the FSB agents 'assigned' to Maria Butina want to marry her", saying that is why she was able to arrange a tour of a Russian arms factory for the NRA delegation.

Flynn gives a paid speech on world affairs in Moscow, at a gala dinner organized by RT. Flynn had appeared on RT as an analyst after retiring from the U.S. Army. Putin is the dinner's guest of honor. Flynn is seated next to Putin; among the 10 people seated at the head table are Stein, Wimmer, RT Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan, and members of Putin's inner circle,

Cohen emails Sater complaining about the lack of progress on the Trump Tower Moscow project. Sater responds that he helped bury an ABC News story in which Trump denied knowing him. Cohen tells Sater in a text message that he will set up a meeting with Russian government officials himself.  

Sater tells Cohen that Genbank, recently put under U.S. sanctions, will be the new funder for the Trump Tower Moscow project.

Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump are included on emails about the Trump Tower Moscow project. Ivanka Trump recommends an architect.”

all very normal for a presidential candidate.

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE 2016 – part 1

The timeline is edited, omitting events that don't sound significant:

Flynn applies to renew his security clearance for five years. In an interview with security investigators he claims U.S. companies paid for his trip to the RT dinner in Moscow. Documents subsequently obtained by the House Oversight Committee show that RT paid for the trip.

FBI initiates tax evasion and money laundering investigation regarding payments from the Ukrainian government to Paul Manafort.

Cohen emails Peskov seeking help to jump-start the Trump Tower Moscow project because "the communication between our two sides has stalled", but does not receive a response.   In August 2017 Peskov tells CNN that Cohen's email "went unanswered [because it] was solely regarding a real estate deal and nothing more."

Cohen tells Congress and Mueller's team that he received no response to this email and abandoned the Trump Moscow Project. He later admits to federal prosecutors that he did receive a response and continued working on the project and keeping Trump updated on progress into June 2016.

Konstantin Sidorkov, executive at VKontakte (commonly called VK, Russia's equivalent of Facebook), emails Trump Jr. and social media director Dan Scavino offering to help promote Trump's campaign to its nearly 100 million users.

A Russian social media company emails Trump Jr., Trump's personal assistant, and Scavino about setting up a page for Trump's campaign.

Peskov's personal assistant Elena Polikova sends an email to Cohen from her personal account asking him to call her on her personal phone number, which she provides. Cohen calls her and explains the nature and status of the [Trump Tower] project, and asks for assistance with securing land and financing. The conversation includes a discussion of giving Putin a $50 million penthouse in the tower as a gift.

Based on a tranche of leaked papers from the Kremlin, The Guardian reports that in a January 22 meeting, the Russian government decided to use "all possible force" to ensure a "mentally unstable" Donald Trump will win the presidential election. They believe that Trump will help secure Russia's strategic objectives, among them "social turmoil" in the US and a weakening of the American president's negotiating position.

Sater sends Cohen a signed invitation from Andrey Ryabinskiy of the company MHJ to travel to "Moscow for a working visit" about the "prospects of development and the construction business in Russia," "the various land plots available suited for construction of this enormous Tower," and "the opportunity to co-ordinate a follow up visit to Moscow by Mr. Donald Trump."

Sater asks Cohen to take a call from Evgeny Shmykov, who is coordinating their project in Moscow. Cohen agrees.

Carter Page emails senior Trump Campaign officials, informing them that his discussions with "high level contacts" with "close ties to the Kremlin" led him to believe "a direct meeting in Moscow between Trump and Putin could be arranged."

Trump comes in second in the Iowa caucuses. In 2017 Cohen asserts that all efforts on the Trump Tower Moscow project ended before this date.

Kremlin information security adviser Andrey Krutskikh tells the Infoforum 2016 conference in Moscow that Russia's new "information arena" strategies are equivalent to the 1940s nuclear bomb tests that put the Soviet Union on equal footing when talking to the United States.

IRA (Russia’s Internet Research Agency) instructs workers to "use any opportunity to criticize Hillary and the rest (except Sanders and Trump—we support them)."

Sessions formally endorses Trump.

Manafort submits a five-page proposal to Trump outlining his qualifications to help Trump secure enough convention delegates and win the Republican presidential nomination. Manafort describes how he assisted several business and political leaders, notably in Russia and Ukraine.

Trump receives a letter from Aras Agalarov expressing "great interest" in Trump's "bright electoral campaign."

Carter Page begins working for the Trump campaign as an unpaid foreign policy adviser.

Papadopoulos tells Glassner he is free again to join Trump's campaign. Glassner connects Papadopoulos with campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis. Clovis tells Papadopoulos that improving Russia relations is a top foreign policy goal for the campaign.

Sessions is appointed to the Trump campaign's national security advisory committee.

The campaign hires Papadopoulos on Ben Carson’s recommendation. Papadopoulos is told that a priority of the campaign is a better relationship with Russia.

Papadopoulos first meets Mifsud while in Rome on a trip to visit officials affiliated with Link Campus University as part of his LCILP job. After Papadopoulos mentions his position with the Trump campaign, Mifsud shows more interest and offers to introduce him to European leaders and others with contacts to the Russian government.

Trump closes in on the Republican nomination, having won five primaries.

In Moscow, Russian military intelligence hacker Ivan Yermakov, working for Fancy Bear, begins probing the DNC computer network.

In St. Petersburg, shift workers posing as Americans follow instructions to attack Clinton on Facebook and Twitter.

WikiLeaks publishes a searchable archive of 30,000 Clinton emails that had been released by the State Department in response to a FOIA request.   Internal WikiLeaks messages indicate the purpose of the archive is to annoy Clinton and establish WikiLeaks as a "resource/player" in the election.

Podesta is asked to change his email password in an apparent phishing attempt, believed to be spearheaded by Russian hackers. They gain access to his account, and proceed to steal the entire contents of his account, about 50,000 emails.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf and hal9000

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
TRUMP-RUSSIA TIMELINE - 2016 part 2

These are only events from the timeline I heard about before. If I don't understand an event, I deleted it, about half of the timeline.

Kilimnik and Manafort meet for breakfast in New York City. According to Manafort, they discuss events in Ukraine, and Manafort gives Kilimnik a briefing on the Trump campaign with the expectation that Kilimnik will repeat the information to people in Ukraine and elsewhere. After the meeting, Manafort instructs Gates to begin passing internal campaign polling data and other updates to Kilimnik to share with Ukrainian oligarchs. Gates periodically sends the data using WhatsApp.

Dearborn receives an email about arranging a back-channel meeting between Trump and Putin with the subject line "Kremlin Connection." It is sent from a conservative operative who says Russia wants to use the NRA's convention to make "first contact.”

During their scheduled meeting at the Kensington Wine Rooms followed by the Waterway Pub, Papadopoulos drinks a lot and tells Downer and Thompson that the Russians have politically damaging material on Clinton. Later, Papadopoulos gives investigators conflicting accounts of how much alcohol Downer consumed. After WikiLeaks releases the DNC emails two months later, Australian officials pass this information to American officials, causing the FBI to open a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign.

Papadopoulos tells Lewandowski the Russians are interested in hosting Trump.

David Klein, a distant relative of Trump Organization lawyer Jason Greenblatt, emails Clovis about a possible campaign meeting with Chief Rabbi of Russia Berel Lazar. Klein writes that he contacted Lazar in February about a possible meeting between Trump and Putin and that Lazar was "a very close confidante of Putin." Later Klein and Greenblatt meet with Lazar at Trump Tower.

Page floats with Clovis, Gordon, and Phares the idea of Trump going to Russia in his place to give the commencement speech at the New Economic School "to raise the temperature a little bit."

Dearborn receives a similar second proposal, which he forwards to Kushner, Manafort and Rick Gates. Both efforts (to arrange a back-channel meeting between Trump and Putin) appear to involve Alexander Torshin, who was instructed to make contact with the Trump campaign. Kushner rebuffs the proposal.

Manafort becomes Trump's campaign chairman and chief strategist. Gates is appointed deputy campaign chairman.

Mother Jones reports that before Trump launched his campaign in 2015, Lewandowski and other political advisors suggested to Trump that they follow standard practice and hire someone to perform opposition research on him. Trump refused.

The NRA annual conference is held in Louisville, Kentucky. Trump and Trump Jr. attend. Brownell introduces Trump Jr. to Torshin and Butina during a brief encounter at an NRA fundraiser dinner on May 21.   The next day, an attendee of the dinner warns Trump Jr. to stay away from Butina.

Papadopoulos forwards Timofeev's May 4 email to Manafort stressing the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)'s desire to meet with Trump, writing, "Russia has been eager to meet Mr. Trump for quite some time and have been reaching out to me to discuss."   Manafort shoots down the idea in an email to Rick Gates, with a note: "Let’s discuss. We need someone to communicate that Trump is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the Campaign so as not to send any signal."

Two competing rallies are held in Houston to alternately protest against and defend the recently opened Library of Islamic Knowledge at the Islamic Da'wah Center. The "Stop Islamization of Texas" rally is organized by the Facebook group "Heart of Texas". The Facebook posting for the event encourages participants to bring guns. A spokesman for the group converses with the Houston Press via email but declines to give a name. The other rally, "Save Islamic Knowledge", is organized by the Facebook group "United Muslims of America" for the same time and location. Both Facebook groups are later revealed to be IRA accounts. The entire operation cost $200 and was entirely organized from St. Petersburg.

Politico reports on Trump's past associations and dealings with the American Mafia and other criminal figures, including Sater.

Sessions attends the CNI's Distinguished Service Award dinner at the Washington, D.C., Four Seasons Hotel. Kislyak is a confirmed guest with a reserved seat next to Sessions. In 2018, Sessions tells Mueller's team that he doesn't remember Kislyak being there, and other participants interviewed by Mueller's team disagree with each other about whether Kislyak was present.[30]: 107 

The Westboro Baptist Church holds its annual protest of Lawrence High School graduation ceremonies in Lawrence, Kansas. The "LGBT United" Facebook group organizes counter-protesters to confront the Westboro protest, including by placing an ad on Facebook and contacting local people. About a dozen people show up. Lawrence High School students do not participate because they are "skeptical" of the counterprotest organizers. LGBT United is a Russian operatives account that appears to have been created specifically for this event.

Thousands of DNC emails are stolen.

The Associated Press reports that Trump has secured enough delegates to become the presumptive Republican nominee.