RIP Roe V Wade (according to Politico)

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The libs are definitely getting pwned on this one. I wonder if Republicans, who voted for this, will still have abortions.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The libs are definitely getting pwned on this one. I wonder if Republicans, who voted for this, will still have abortions.
Of course, they specialize in forcing mistresses to abort. The only consistency on the right is hypocrisy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If Roe v Wade is overturned, what else will the right have to screech about? They'll basically become Warrant, Extreme, Poison, and Whitesnake in late 1991.

If the decision could be overturned can't it also be reinstated at some time in the future?
They got to put the gays back in the closet.

Quick!

cuz the right wing'd erbb gay lock downers are one black out away from fagging it up hard at the all male naked tickle party. :dancing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sure is a lot of this from the left lately.

Aren't you worried about the backlash from the left?

Because it's going to be a doozy.

I don't think these religious dummies realize what they have done.

My worry is that this over reach by the right will destabilize the country even more, which is bad for the people in the middle just trying to live their lives.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

My worry is that this over reach by the right will destabilize the country even more, which is bad for the people in the middle just trying to live their lives.

this will ultimately affect poor and working class people the most severely. they're essentially creating (or maybe exacerbating) the "two americas" problem where women who are wealthy and/or live in blue states will have access to care and control over their bodies and women who are poor and/or in red states don't.

I can't wait to see the barrage of 14th amendment challenges this brings.

Thus could eventually lead to upholding Roe or passage of nationwide legalization.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The right to travel and the right to vote are not enumerated in the constitution.

The Constitution's purpose is not to grant rights to people. The Constitution's purpose is to set up the rules and structure of the federal government, and to limit its powers. The Bill of Rights, along with the other amendments, grant some individual rights, but was never intended as a comprehensive outline of people's rights. That's why we have the 10th Amendment.

Your point was that conservatives WANT a federal ban on abortion, and WANT to outlaw travel for the purpose of seeking abortions. I said that conservatives don't WANT those things and that you have no authority to say what conservatives WANT.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The Constitution's purpose is not to grant rights to people. The Constitution's purpose is to set up the rules and structure of the federal government, and to limit its powers. The Bill of Rights, along with the other amendments, grant some individual rights, but was never intended as a comprehensive outline of people's rights. That's why we have the 10th Amendment.

Your point was that conservatives WANT a federal ban on abortion, and WANT to outlaw travel for the purpose of seeking abortions. I said that conservatives don't WANT those things and that you have no authority to say what conservatives WANT.
Where is welfare in the constitution?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Where is welfare in the constitution?
Article 1 Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Or taxpayer support for poor children?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

I'm not convinced there will be a backlash. Poor women in red states couldn't practically get abortions now; the Government is increasingly not a factor in anyone's lives but corporate America is. Corporate America only cares about the bottom line. Bad for organized labor and organized religion and people who want women in the home; good for people with any means and any education/skills.

I don't know how much is going to practically change, and look at gay marriage and other hot-button issues of decades past. Like having a Catholic President.

This crop of Conservatives will be dead in 10-20 years and this sh!t'll all unwind itself.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

This whole thing is already backlash because of the overreach and excesses of the Left.

pendulums

and I’m not convinced the backlash would be any worse than what they’d come up with anyway.

interstate travel still exists anyway

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What is actually strange is people who could care less about the suffering of the living are obsessed with other peoples unborn children, so fooking phiony. Anything to own the libs for team scumbag no matter how dishonest or destructive to society.
Children have potential for the future

Those in the covid risk groups do not

It’s really very simple

• Haha
Reactions: $kully