RIP Roe V Wade (according to Politico)

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
It’s already done. Liberal states will continue to allow them and red states will not. Rich conservatives in red states will just have to vacation in CA when they need their work done.

The real winners here will be the people who own medical office space on the blue side of a red/blue border.

Gay marriage next up?

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It’s already done. Liberal states will continue to allow them and red states will not. Rich conservatives in red states will just have to vacation in CA when they need their work done.

The real winners here will be the people who own medical office space on the blue side of a red/blue border.

Gay marriage next up?
I propose a hefty abortion tax in California for out-of-towners.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I’m so broken that I’m happier to see people melting down than caring about the actual decision

That being said Everytime a majority of the people start getting fed up at the government fucking us all over they set us against one another

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I’m so broken that I’m happier to see people melting down than caring about the actual decision

That being said Everytime a majority of the people start getting fed up at the government fucking us all over they set us against one another
Who knows if it's even authentic or anything like the final draft which will go through several edits by the concurring justices.

Generally, I feel if something isn't explicitly set forth in the constitution it's up to the legislative branch to create laws...not the executive or judicial, which happened with Roe V Wade and all too much nowadays. Abortion can be a federal right...it just needs to become law first. Not once has either side tried to codify Roe v. Wade into law.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Who knows if it's even authentic or anything like the final draft which will go through several edits by the concurring justices.

Generally, I feel if something isn't explicitly set forth in the constitution it's up to the legislative branch to create laws...not the executive or judicial, which happened with Roe V Wade and all too much nowadays. Abortion can be a federal right...it just needs to become law first.
Rumor has it it came from some activist Latinx twink clerk who works for Soyomayor

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Generally, I feel if something isn't explicitly set forth in the constitution it's up to the legislative branch to create laws...not the executive or judicial, which happened with Roe V Wade and all too much nowadays. Abortion can be a federal right...it just needs to become law first. Not once has either side tried to codify Roe v. Wade into law.
Automatic weapons aren’t in the constitution. Segregation, not in the constitution. Interracial marriage? Should women be allowed to work? Can homosexual relations be punished?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This is grossly unpopular. Pro-lifer’s are a loud minority. This has the potential to blow-up in the GOP’s face.

In recent polls less than 20% of those polled think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances. The GOP might want to repeal the 19th amendment while they’re at it.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Gay marriage next up?
Time for activists to start doxxing them when they do.