Remember whining about authoritarianism?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Its July. Its supposed to be hot ya dumbass. This summer has actually been below normal here. Since this past weekend has been the first I've run the air conditioning in my house. Some years I'm running it in late May.

By the way, a heat wave in July isn't proof of climate change any more than a cold snap in January is. Its called weather. Adapt or become a victim.
So grateful we have an ink toner salesman to teach us about climate.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Its July. Its supposed to be hot ya dumbass. This summer has actually been below normal here. Since this past weekend has been the first I've run the air conditioning in my house. Some years I'm running it in late May.

By the way, a heat wave in July isn't proof of climate change any more than a cold snap in January is. Its called weather. Adapt or become a victim.
You're beyond dumb. Have you noticed the word "record breaking" being mentioned over and over recently? Over and over.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What year in earth‘s history was the climate optimal?
Deflection. I would say it ain't optimal when it damages infrastructure.

But hey, using Gromsdad reasoning, where I am I'm not even using AC, so things are cool. In fact, I think they should make AC illegal in all the US because it's just wasting precious energy resources.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not deflection at all. It’s the fundamental question that needs to addressed. The current state of some isolated roads doesn’t matter in the big picture.

If the current global climate is ”bad” then when was it “good”.

How do we determine “success” when dealing with it?

Is a warmer planet in fact bad and all? In order to determine that you have to compare it to when it was not as bad.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
When we get here...

"In a future where a failed climate change experiment has killed all life except for the survivors who boarded the Snowpiercer (a train that travels around the globe), a new class system emerges."

Great movie, btw - not because of the climate change settting, but because of the way it examines class systems.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Nice article.

Didn't say sh!t.

What exact policies will Biden be enacting via these emergency powers?

Why don't you tell us? He evidently is going to do something. Is it irrelevant what that something is? I think not.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Not deflection at all. It’s the fundamental question that needs to addressed. The current state of some isolated roads doesn’t matter in the big picture.

If the current global climate is ”bad” then when was it “good”.

Is a warmer planet in fact bad and all? In order to determine that you have to compare it to when it was not as bad.
When your loved ones are dying it's bad. When this is happening, IMHO, it's bad. "Unprecedented."

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Why don't you tell us? He evidently is going to do something. Is it irrelevant what that something is? I think not.
How could I tell you? I'm the one asking. Article had a lot of hand-wringing and knuckle-gnawing but didn't really state one thing that he was actually going to do.

Will it make Ted Nugent move to Canada?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Ifail screeching about Authoritarianism after supporting Trump who said he wanted "to be President for life" and refused to accept the results of free and fair election, you really cannot make it up.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
When your loved ones are dying it's bad. When this is happening, IMHO, it's bad. "Unprecedented."

Appeals to emotion may work on you but not me.

But since “people are dying!!!!” seems to be some sort of valid argument in your mind I’ll leave you with this….

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hottest temps ever in various areas of the world, exactly as predicted. Yet the deniers still denying.