Remember whining about authoritarianism?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Theoretically

However we have never seen this in practice
We've never really seen true communism in practice so it's hard to say. Certainly, today's "Communist" nations - NK, Vietnam, China, Laos and Cuba are either dictatorships or communist in name only.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Why would they show 82degrees as being scorching? Maybe it's a screengrab of early morning temps and then later it was going to get really hot, like over a hundred.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Plymouth Rock is the biggest disappointment of all time. More like Plymouth Stone.

Couple of nice beer joints in Plymouth, though.
I lived there for a while.
It was funny to see buses of American tourists making a pilgrimage to see a fake rock (the real rock is under the water :roflmao: @ Duffy)

There are sooo many amazing things to see in Devon and Cornwall, the rock is definitely not one of them.

But you're right, the Barbican has some good pubs. :cheers:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Um... Plymouth Rock is in Plymouth, MA, not Plymouth, England. Legend has it that it's where the Mayflower pilgrims got off their boat.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Not the same map. Quasi-satellite view in the first pic showing forests and fields and stuff.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Look at the temps in 2017 compared to 2022 and then notice the map color change. Germany is ON FIRE!!!!!!

It’s got nothing to do with commies. What made your think it did?
you could have used the fake maps from Sweden too!

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

That you and Reuters felt the need to "Fact Check" that shows just how pathetic you all are.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I think you missed the point. Whether it was 1986 or 2016, it still shows that they changed the background color for emphasis. The point of the comparison is not to say that "climate change does not exist" it's to point out how much the media is exaggerating it.

Reactions: GromsDad

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I think you missed the point. Whether it was 1986 or 2016, it still shows that they changed the background color for emphasis. The point of the comparison is not to say that "climate change does not exist" it's to point out how much the media is exaggerating it.
Or they added color because it looks better and technology allows them to use cool graphics.

Besides, Europe doesn’t neEd scare tactics. They believe science and global warming isn’t greatly debated.

Last edited:
Reactions: CutnSnip

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Or they added color because it looks better and technology allows them to use cool graphics.
They already had color before. They are making a conscious choice to use the color red for a very mild summer temp of ~75 F.

Besides, Europe doesn’t neEd scare tactics. They believe science and global warming isn’t actually a political issue.
LOLZ. The World Economic Forum is based there and the Dutch government is already forcing very draconian measures on farmers.

To be clear, I think that human induced climate change is happening but a lot of the horror story predictions over the last several decades have never materialized, so I question how much societies should be bending over backwards for climate change legislation.