Remember whining about authoritarianism?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Authoritarianism - "of or relating to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people."

I'm certain his move will be challenged in the courts. Maybe it stands, maybe not.

Either way, not authoritarian.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Authoritarianism - "of or relating to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people."

I'm certain his move will be challenged in the courts. Maybe it stands, maybe not.

Either way, not authoritarian.
We are in the era of dictionary definitions no longer carrying any weight. We can't even decide what a woman is, let alone what authoritarianism or fascism is.

Assimilate or GTFO

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What fukking crisis????? There is no fukking crisis!!!!!!
Yeah what crises? Everything’s normal.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Its July. Its supposed to be hot ya dumbass. This summer has actually been below normal here. Since this past weekend has been the first I've run the air conditioning in my house. Some years I'm running it in late May.

By the way, a heat wave in July isn't proof of climate change any more than a cold snap in January is. Its called weather. Adapt or become a victim.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The government/corporate response to the covid crisis was largely ineffective except for one thing - massive transfer of wealth from the middle class to the uber rich.

I expect the same to be true of the response to the climate crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink