Reflective board bags - very few manufacturers making them?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Which one are you using for days at the beach?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Komunity made really good, and cheap, reflective bags. I got three on sale a few years ago, and they've held up well.

Speaking of board bags. What do you guys use for proper guns? All I could find was a longboard bag, and it'll have to do for now. (Just a day bag to keep board cool and not ding it.)

Reactions: emmohl80

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Can we get some erBB approved bags with links?

in need of a 2x boar alt/fish day bag, ideally for 5’8 and shorter hipster sticks.
I have 2 of these PL double day bags. It has what I want- other than being a SB template rather than alt/fish and the previously mentioned issue of the true reflective film peeling off. Good venting too.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I'm still using a dakine HPSB day bag from pre-alt board explosion, barely fits my GX at this point. Times have changed.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Can we get some erBB approved bags with links?

in need of a 2x boar alt/fish day bag, ideally for 5’8 and shorter hipster sticks.

I have an old creatures dual bag that I quite enjoy. It’s got the white on the inside, silver on the bottom but still melts the wax if I leave it in the truck w/ shell. it’s the perfect size for hpsb 5’10 to 6’3 and hasnt failed me yet. almost like this one but with the silver on the bottom, newest ones are murdered out in black. https://www.creatures-usa.com/collections/boardcovers/products/double-shortboard-cover

I got one of these in 6'0 for my last trip to bring a 5'9 twin fin and 5'6 fish, worked well for travel, and I also use it locally when I wanna leave 2 boards in the car to choose from for a pre-work surf.

Reactions: sdsrfr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
agree they are effective. the issue I've had with all of them (prolite) is the thin reflective layer starts cracking and peeling eventually (<couple years) after pretty minimal use and normal wear n tear.
I don't understand why so many bags are black or dark- don't they just cook the board??
I like the grey fcs ones with the vent strip down the center. keeps em fairly cool, even if it's not true reflective.
Only had this issue with my 8' economy session for my mini log but i set it down on hard dirt and rock at Overheads after I picked it up from MC at Ventura surf shop and put back fin in, snapped new board pics, and wax. I solved issue with black gorrilla duct tape and never peeled since.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
i have a couple of these 6-3 and 6-7

10 mil padding, light, reflective and vented. cut slim so your bord isnt swimming around

93A1F2F1-E1E1-43FD-A755-FBFB59F96582.jpeg

Reactions: urchined

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
^ yeah, the slim outline of those is best for hpsb. No bloat, just boars and padding.

my favorite hpsb bag.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Real has some of these in stock online.
Yep, these:

Reactions: Aruka

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The majority of bags I've ever seen is reflective silver ones.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Most of the silver (grey) ones are not reflective, they are just fake advertised as reflective.

They still get hot as hell.

The Prolite one I posted in the thread opener, however, is the real deal:

A big plus with this is there are a few spots I surf during the summer where I'll bring an additional pool toy down with me down with me just in case. The board can lay in the sun, 90 degrees at noon, and the bag won't get hot.

Plus total UV blockage.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
this and why so farkn wide. both prolite and fcs are cut with like a 25" ass end
Mine is in "Sticker Hugger" size, it fits regular shortboards pretty normal.

But I did notice when I was buying bags pretty much ever one was too wide. I think the one I bought was noticeably smaller then the rest and it was the only one there.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Mine is in "Sticker Hugger" size, it fits regular shortboards pretty normal.

But I did notice when I was buying bags pretty much ever one was too wide. I think the one I bought was noticeably smaller then the rest and it was the only one there.
yay i have that same bag from a few years ago in khaki. more pulled in than their session series. better quality too. foil is cracking and falling off after a few years. whatever.

wish prolite used the same design for their other bags