Refinance now??

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I’m reading that rates have actually gone up because the amount of refis coming through and this may not have any impact soon. I want to get my loan financed before sh!t gets really bad.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Was thinking about it. If I understand correctly you always start back at original amount? Wife said what would we do with the lump of cash they give us for the equity? It's kind of useless right now. And we don't know anything about markets to time a buy in.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Was thinking about it. If I understand correctly you always start back at original amount? Wife said what would we do with the lump of cash they give us for the equity? It's kind of useless right now. And we don't know anything about markets to time a buy in.
No, that's not true. You do have the option of cashing out up to a certain amount of equity. Otherwise you can simply refinance what is left of your principal if you want.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
I owe about 220 on my home.
30 years at 3.5. Six years in.
Would like to go 10 or 15 with fifty thousand down
Haven't found a loan under 3.0.

Aug 21, 2009
earth
Huh? If you pull out cash. There is no better time to buy into the market. Buy low, sell high. five years from now you'll have a sh!t eating grin a mile wide.

Reactions: PRCD

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Taking out cash from a refi to buy more stuff?

Homeowners trip me out.

Reactions: JBerry

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
You don’t have to cash anything out. I’m looking at a 400 lower payment if this cv doesn’t fuck it up.

4daBOYZ

OTF status
Jul 27, 2011
scored through rocket mortgage on friday gonna save 300 bucks a months. local guys were all swamped

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Heard that some or all banks not selling any jumbo (over 500k) loans at all. This all happened the last 2 days.
Refi and purchase is going to get tight as the banks do not want to be liable for loans right now.
Wife said someone just bought a home, new loan, and their first payment is April 1st. They called to say they can't even make the April 1st first payment on a new loan!! WTF? I guess they own a restaurant that got closed so no income.

Good luck if your refi is in the pipeline as it may not even close!!

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
My friend has a VERY good relationship with his bank and was under escrow last week on another rental house when they called and said they stop giving out any mortgages. The Fed just lowered the rate to get money into the economy. Won't work if banks won't give loans regardless.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Here's a real deal for all of you considering re financing.

A finance company will send a standard Verification of Employment form to your current employer. A required document.

Right now, the odds of getting a completed VOE from your current employer to refinance is about zero.

Not a critical item.