Recall Newsome?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
and we've drained them in a couple of centuries.
it's happened in far less time than that

water is the number one thing that keeps me from investing long term in the state

look at how low the CO is....and the ranges that feed it seem to be trending downward in snowpack

hopefully it's cyclical....but if the trend holds, I don't want to be anywhere near socal when things go mad max

Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
it's happened in far less time than that

water is the number one thing that keeps me from investing long term in the state

look at how low the CO is....and the ranges that feed it seem to be trending downward in snowpack

hopefully it's cyclical....but if the trend holds, I don't want to be anywhere near socal when things go mad max
You're correct, more like the last 100 years. You are smart to have an exit plan. We do too.
However, the situation is not terminal and if the powers that be at the State level were really there to help the People, the situation is solvable.
The first step is the reuse of ALL wastewater and build desal plants for sea water and brackish ground water treatment. The second is to divert ALL organic waste from landfills to anaerobic digesters to power these new treatment plants. Third is to require that digester sludge be converted into Class A Biosolids for soil amendment.
These 3 steps would put the State in a position to be water and power independent. Will it happen? :shrug: But it is doable.

Edit: Forgot to add that this plan would go a very long way in lowering the State's GHG emissions and be a big help in combatting global warming while creating a lot of good paying jobs.

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'd rather see all of that than wasting money on high speed rail to nowhere.
As long as Feinstein, Pelosi and Newsom are in office, we will continue to waste $$$$$$$$$$$ on the high speed rail to nowhere.
Follow the Money.
By redirecting the money spent on the SPR project and combining it with the much touted surplus, the 3 initiatives I outlined in my above post would be doable and would benefit ALL residents of the State and not just a few special interest groups.

Reactions: Woke AF

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
As long as Feinstein, Pelosi and Newsom are in office, we will continue to waste $$$$$$$$$$$ on the high speed rail to nowhere.
Follow the Money.
By redirecting the money spent on the SPR project and combining it with the much touted surplus, the 3 initiatives I outlined in my above post would be doable and would benefit ALL residents of the State and not just a few special interest groups.
Newsom makes 1000% sense.

I don't follow Pelosi/Feinstein. I thought this was a California issue at the State Government level? Wouldn't there be leaders of CA's legislative bodies more culpable than Speaksies Skeletor and Mindfried?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Newsom makes 1000% sense.

I don't follow Pelosi/Feinstein. I thought this was a California issue at the State Government level? Wouldn't there be leaders of CA's legislative bodies more culpable than Speaksies Skeletor and Mindfried?
Feinstein's husband is on the BoD of the main contractor running the HSR project (hence, follow the money). Pelosi is involved as she is responsible for earmarking as much Fed tax $$$$ as possible to to the budget of this nonsensical project.
It's plain and simple profiteering by the State's elitist Democrat ruling class.

Just like CA's SB9 and SB10 that Newsom signed a couple of days after the recall fiasco. They packaged like it's good for the people but those two bills are payback for campaign backing from developers, Zillow and a half dozen other special interest groups.
If the Democrats claim to be the party for preserving the environment, why does SB10 allow for the bypassing of CEQA, all local zoning regulations and the Coastal Commission for any residential development up to 10 units within a 1/2 mile, as a crow flies, from a transit center? FYI, the definition of a transit center includes an existing or planned bus stop. The only thing this legislation will accomplish is destroy neighborhoods and further enrich the rich.