Rand Paul wants to strip Brennan’s security clearance

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
First of all: "Abortion is killing another human being".
At one point does it become a human being?

Second of all, is woman not another human being?
What's the libertarian position on commanding women what to do with their bodies and life?
If a person is of the opinion life begins at conception then it would make sense that one could prevent the aggression.

This is like Jake Phelps level sh!t.
How well do you know Jake?
For somebody who claims to have science on his side, you're not very good at this.

And it's fvcking hilarious that you two, of all people, are spouting the fundie Baptist/Evangelical vomit.
I'm pro choice. (Edit: pro life and pro choice are just idiotic expressions. I don't believe in restrictions on abortion.)

Answer the questions.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
BillyOcean said:
Randy has come out swinging the last couple of weeks

He needs to preach to trump about getting these deep state intelligence monkeys under control

Rand really gets how big of a problem these goons are

This is his opportunity to make a real mark in this area

The time is ripe
Going back to the title and the original post, is there any reason whatsoever for former government employees to keep their security clearance once they are no longer employed by the government?

On a side note I was in an office last week where they had just discovered that a former employee had admin rights on his computer and was webbing into the corporate network on the weekends and at night and stealing customer information for his new employer. The police were there and everything. I blame the company's stupidity in dealing with the former employee's network credentials almost as much as I do the employee. I'd fire whoever is in charge of their network.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Going back to the title and the original post, is there any reason whatsoever for former government employees to keep their security clearance once they are no longer employed by the government?
I'm still answering questions for a previous employer

I know a retired lawyer that still has an office at his old firm where he
has office hours a few days every week.

in law enforcement and intelligence there is a benefit to being able
to tap in to the perspective and historical knowledge of folks with
long tenures...past and present.

the clearances are preserved so they can provide informed input.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
afoaf said:
I'm still answering questions for a previous employer

I know a retired lawyer that still has an office at his old firm where he
has office hours a few days every week.

in law enforcement and intelligence there is a benefit to being able
to tap in to the perspective and historical knowledge of folks with
long tenures...past and present.

the clearances are preserved so they can provide informed input.
Does your previous employer pay you when you do that work for them?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
negative.

it's simply the gentlemanly thing to do.

I am aware that Trump is accusing these people of capitalizing off their clearances,
but I don't know if that's truly the case or not.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GromsDad said:
BillyOcean said:
When you publicly accuse the president of treason you burned the bridge
The moment the former government official steps into the realm of political partisanship the bridge is burned.
is there an echo in here?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Taking away security clearances is a sign of weakness and fear on trump's part.

The sign of a cornered animal getting desperate.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:

^^ This combined with narcissism and vindictiveness.

I hear that Paul Ryan laughed it off anyway. :roflmao:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Autoprax said:

No, if he caved to stupid DC custom of allowing former clerks to retain their privileges as if they were nobility he would be a true cuck

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
BillyOcean said:
Autoprax said:

No, if he caved to stupid DC custom of allowing former clerks to retain their privileges as if they were nobility he would be a true cuck
You are not as good as spotting leakage as I am billy.

Trump is leaking hard.

He'll really start wrecking sh!t soon.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
ifallalot said:
The simplest way to understand Libertarian thought is "don't hurt others, don't take their stuff." Abortion is killing another human being. That's the pro-life libertarian position in a nutshell
Pro-life Libertarian is a sect of Libertarian-ism I am unaware of. Seems to be a conflict of a core tenet of the party.

But I am hardly an expert of politics and the twisting convolutions that result when the party base seeks to expand.

Link
"In the abortion debate some libertarians support legal access to abortion as part of their general support for individual rights, especially in regard to what they consider to be a woman's right to control her body."

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Mr Doof said:
ifallalot said:
The simplest way to understand Libertarian thought is "don't hurt others, don't take their stuff." Abortion is killing another human being. That's the pro-life libertarian position in a nutshell
Pro-life Libertarian is a sect of Libertarian-ism I am unaware of. Seems to be a conflict of a core tenet of the party.

But I am hardly an expert of politics and the twisting convolutions that result when the party base seeks to expand.

Link
"In the abortion debate some libertarians support legal access to abortion as part of their general support for individual rights, especially in regard to what they consider to be a woman's right to control her body."
There’s a whole spectrum of libertarian sects, and the pro-life v. pro-choice debate is a big one

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
The simplest way to understand Libertarian thought is "don't hurt others, don't take their stuff."
Except you see the basic rules of living in a democratic society as "theft" and "taking away your liberty".

You see taxation is theft.

You see unrestricted access to guns as a liberty while ignoring the fact that you are taking other people's liberty away.

And you have no problem violating other people's liberties.

You call this "pet causes".

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
ifallalot said:
There’s a whole spectrum of libertarian sects, and the pro-life v. pro-choice debate is a big one
As I just learned....look the erBB political section learned me good. :computer:

A 'good' political party should be able to contain/handle/manage some contrariness, but the abortion thing seems to be pretty polarizing.

So I wonder, does a pro-life libertarian vote pro-choice libertarian over a pro-life Republican or a pro-life Democrat? Or in other words, are they libertarian or are they single issue voter.