R.I.P. Surfer Magazine

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
look at Disney with their woke agenda in Star Wars, they lost millions catering to a handful of whiners. Just make a good movie and toss the agenda
The arts are in bad shape because of Wokeness. DId you hear they're laying off 28,000 due to the shutdowns?
That poor oppressed black guy that got rich being the face of the sport that is apparently full of a bunch of racist? That guy?

He’s a cool dude.
What a guy! Definitely "cool!"

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
again woke didnt help them. liberal governor allows everything else high risk to reopen but them. hence the layoffs.
Not one single government agency shut down.

Remember when there are government shutdowns due to budget fights? Remember all the news stories about the hardships that government worker must endure while they are out of work (even though they their pay anyway)?

I remember.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The arts are in bad shape because of Wokeness. DId you hear they're laying off 28,000 due to the shutdowns?

What a guy! Definitely "cool!"
I have a relative who works for Disney. Code HEPA. Do you know how many people smuggle their loved ones cremated ashes into Dizzyland every year and "sprinkle" them around????

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
these forums will go soon too
Basing this on the testamonial from one employee who was laid off? I can see the printed format going away. The production allocated to prepare that on a monthly basis. But as an advertising base in an e format??? Covid has killed off a lot of paper based formats. It's just not feasable in this current environment and it is excessively costly.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I have a relative who works for Disney. Code HEPA. Do you know how many people smuggle their loved ones cremated ashes into Dizzyland every year and "sprinkle" them around????
I see nothing wrong with that. I usually bring some of my friend's ashes when I go backpacking/road/boat trips. He's been spread everywhere.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I see nothing wrong with that. I usually bring some of my friend's ashes when I go backpacking/road/boat trips. He's been spread everywhere.
Hahaha!!! It's a biohazard in Dizzyland. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner conversation a couple of years ago about this.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I will hate to see the erBB go. How else am I going to find out what you crazy mixed bag bunch of kooks whom I consider myself one of is up to? Bummer....... Dude.

Good bye to you ALL. hope you all live long and prosper. Be well erBB family!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Not the same but as a contingency plan the "FB erBB Message Board Group" was created on Facebook. Can at least maintain some of the friendships. Btw, we need to somehow capture the history and some of the epic threads for posterity, just in case.

Reactions: PJ

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
When I saw the IG posts, I didn't even think of the erbb. Guess I don't associate the two.

They'd be dumb to kill off surfer.com (and the forum). I'd bet pretty good traffic on here.

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
Wow! This place devoured over a decade of my life... pre FB, pre Insta, pre whatever is going on now. Met a ton of erBB, scored free surfboards, free entry into events... we have lost erBB legends, RIP... but losing the whole erBB is mind blowing... so much truth, fiction and tomfoolery... I have screengrabs of Big Brown Ball, JAH and a bunch of other random stuff! Thank all of you that are still here for all of your amazing content... Here is one of the first videos I ever posted on the erBB of me and my daughter Lulu.... them were the dayz! <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>