Pyzel Precious

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
I did a thing....

Stumbled across the "your weight divided by 6 thread" the other day and realized that at 195lbs I probably shouldn't be riding 31-32l anymore - especially since I surf with a lot of rubber during winter time. Brought a few anorexic boards to the shop to trade in and put an order in for some chubbies:

Astro Glider Twin 5’7 x 20 5/8 x 2 5/8 with 34.8l
Pyzel Precious 5’11 x 19 3/4 x 2 7/16 with 33.9l

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
I did a thing....

Stumbled across the "your weight divided by 6 thread" the other day and realized that at 195lbs I probably shouldn't be riding 31-32l anymore - especially since I surf with a lot of rubber during winter time. Brought a few anorexic boards to the shop to trade in and put an order in for some chubbies:

This is a sick order brother. The astro is soooo fuken good. And the precious looks precious. Get a swallow tail on it and show us the pics.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
This is a sick order brother. The astro is soooo fuken good. And the precious looks precious. Get a swallow tail on it and show us the pics.
Yeah I was debating that but went with squash in the end. Can't wait to see what the deck feels like underfoot, the rest of the design elements should be a safe bet.

Have been on a quest to find a fish I really like, hoping the astro finally gets the job done. What fins do you like in your astro, keels vs uprights?

Reactions: Pyzelsurfboards

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Yeah I was debating that but went with squash in the end. Can't wait to see what the deck feels like underfoot, the rest of the design elements should be a safe bet.

Have been on a quest to find a fish I really like, hoping the astro finally gets the job done. What fins do you like in your astro, keels vs uprights?
I have both christenson sets of fins from captain fins, upright and keels, which are discontinued i think. I love both. Uprights 80% of the times, keels when the waves are fast open canvas. I dont even bother trying something else, it just works amazingly this way.

Reactions: claw87

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
I did a thing....

you're gonna be stoked!! grom is seriously feeling it on the precious, it has insane drive off the bottom up into the lip he's blazing off the top on it :jamon:

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
He preferring it as a quad or thruster?
only had one session as a thruster but the waves were kind of gacky that session so can't really comment solidly on it,
5+ sessions as quad and i've been really impressed with what i'm seeing particularly backhand, got more waves coming later in the week so will make him go thruster for the erbb.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Really? I would expect way better lower end than BD
I dunno. Maybe you're right but I didnt find the Gremlin to have super great low end and this is an even more tuned version. Gremlin wanted a little push or steepness to come alive for me. Its been a long time since I had that board so its possible my memory isnt accurate but I do remember expecting the board to grovel better than it did. Bomdia isnt a groveler either but it works in everything once there is a little push.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I dunno. Maybe you're right but I didnt find the Gremlin to have super great low end and this is an even more tuned version. Gremlin wanted a little push or steepness to come alive for me. Its been a long time since I had that board so its possible my memory isnt accurate but I do remember expecting the board to grovel better than it did. Bomdia isnt a groveler either but it works in everything once there is a little push.
Ok.fair enough. My gremlin is swallowtail in oeste dims making it stubbier, fishier, and gravels pretty well for me in soft /mushy waves.

Reactions: Aruka

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
having ridden neither, Precious looks like it'd have similar range to BomDia to me

Precious definitely looks more tuned/hp than Gremmy

Reactions: sozzle and Aruka
Jan 11, 2022
Any more ride reports on the precious? Curious about its low end. Had a white tiger and had a blast on that thing here on south shore Oahu. Replaced with epoxy rnf and not gelling with the epoxy I think. Considering a precious now.