Pyzel Precious

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
It's a surf publication for chrissake. They're run by surfers. I think it's more spicoli errors than intentionally misleading.

And the piece that you are freakishly obsessed about, that no surfers get paid... have you even seen that episode? because they don't actually say what you think they said.

save the indignance for something worthwhile.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's a surf publication for chrissake. They're run by surfers. I think it's more spicoli errors than intentionally misleading.

And the piece that you are freakishly obsessed about, that no surfers get paid... have you even seen that episode? because they don't actually say what you think they said.

save the indignance for something worthwhile.
:roflmao:

Last edited:

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Ride Report

I was able to take a stock 5'9 (30.8L) Precious for a spin yesterday in the points north of SC. I'm 180-185lbs and 6'0. I'm in pretty good shape as my local is OBSF, and I just came back from a couple weeks in Hawaii. Conditions were chest-high to a few feet over head, not overly steep, but had a decent amount of push.

Board paddled really well, glided well across the surface of the ocean. I felt like it paddled better than other boards I've had in this size range (CI G-skate). The step deck took some time getting used to when sitting on it, felt a bit awkward at first. I only ended up waxing the step deck, next time I'll wax where I usually place my hands for duck-diving.

It got into waves really easy. It has that same sucky feeling when you're paddling into a wave that a Ghost has. Lot's of speed and drive (thruster setup) and I never got behind a section. When I got good waves, I could do whatever I wanted to do.

Hopefully testing it more in "meh" waves this week at OBSF. The "meh" waves I got yesterday were waves that had a bowl-y takeoff but died almost immediately after.