Pyzel Ghost?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
If you have a set of FCS AM2s, give them a go. I love them in my Ghost.

AM1s for when you're going very fast and bigger fins can have too much lift.

Reactions: waxfoot

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Won't be using it as a daily board, so AM1 in FCS it is. AM2's are my favourite fins.
Try it with medium pivot fins too. I used to love my 6’2 ghost with medium reactors.
Now I’m all about the jjf m techflex (futures) when riding ghosts as a thruster and rasta quads.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Those are the one's I've ridden in mine since I got it. Never thought of switching. I always thought they were medium, are they actually small? Guess who cares, they work.

Interesting note, it looks to me like jjf rides old techflex small fins on step ups. By the graphics at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Those are the one's I've ridden in mine since I got it. Never thought of switching. I always thought they were medium, are they actually small? Guess who cares, they work.
Yeah i have the larges black and white and mediums blue and yellow. Wish I could find the smalls to buy. Amazing fins.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
On the JJFs ... is there a preference with the honeycomb vs the techflex? I've only have one set of techflex fins .... KS 2.1's (future based) and i've never clicked them .... too stiff like the NVS fins.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yeah my mediums are blue/yellow and larges are black/white. Smalls are the orange/yellow right? Unbeatable fins for good waves in my opinion.

orange are medium in 2016

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
Who's riding a longer Ghost/Ghost Pro ~7'?
I am have been riding a stock(swallowtail)7’0 for about a year. Thing paddles like an 8’0 and surfs like a 6’5, best board for solid waves I have ever used. I even surf it at Hanalei and a few outer reefs on days when I usually ride a 9’0. Keep in mind that the 7’0 stock Ghost is 21x3 3/16 48 liters, so it is a lot of board if you aren’t 250 like me. You would need to order it custom in way smaller dimensions to make it work even at 220 or 230.

Last edited:

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
I also have it as a swallow tail which I like way better than the normal rounded pin. I have 2 6’6 ghosts, one is a regular rounded pin and the other one is a swallowtail. I prefer the swallow unless the waves are really down the line and barreling, it’s way smoother off the bottom and off the top. I ride all my Ghosts as quads with Stretch template S2 Fins Unlimited in solid fiberglass. 4.625 fronts and 4.125 rears.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Hadn't ridden my 6'4 Ghost for about 2 months. There's been so many big days, and I'd gotten used to bigger boards and come to see the Ghost as a 'step down'. Well, I was a fool :)

Waves were solid OH and with lots of power, but I really don't think any other board glides into waves easier than the Ghost. Had so many no paddle takeoffs.

Got my first Ghost in late 2016, and it's still a world class board, even for an old goober like me.