Pyzel Ghost?

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
Kauai
I ride a 6’6 and 7’0 Ghost and sold all my other short boards. They are just so easy to ride and work from average waves to as hollow and heavy as it gets. I wish I would have had them 15 years ago when I still really ripped. Got a 6’2 Astro Pop XL as my groveler and it literally goes on knee high slop to overhead bombs. Pyzel has some magic boards.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Sorry, I'm sure it's within this thread, but I'm not able to sift through 65 pages of froth :)
For the quad guys, which fins are working well for you in your Ghosts?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Sorry, I'm sure it's within this thread, but I'm not able to sift through 65 pages of froth :)
For the quad guys, which fins are working well for you in your Ghosts?
Right now I’m running AMTs in front and these in the rears….

Going to try True Ames fiberglass Merricks in front with Stretch fiberglass rears in back Next solid wave session. If I‘m going backside I run the full Stretch set front and back.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005

Did basically the same set up on my mini padi and it was really fun when the surf was less than epic

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Going to try True Ames fiberglass Merricks in front with Stretch fiberglass rears in back Next solid wave session. If I‘m going backside I run the full Stretch set front and back.
Duffy ... just to clarify .... you're running the AMT twin fin set in your Ghost? Just curious ... i'm still sorting through fins with mine .... keep going back and forth between quad setup and thruster.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Duffy ... just to clarify .... you're running the AMT twin fin set in your Ghost? Just curious ... i'm still sorting through fins with mine .... keep going back and forth between quad setup and thruster.
Yes. Twin fins with tiny trailers in the quad rears.

Been surfing twins almost exclusively for a couple years so it makes the transition easier.

The front boxes on the Ghost are set “too far” forward for twins so the little rear trailers mitigates that issue.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Yes. Twin fins with tiny trailers in the quad rears.

Been surfing twins almost exclusively for a couple years so it makes the transition easier.

The front boxes on the Ghost are set “too far” forward for twins so the little rear trailers mitigates that issue.
Awesome .... i've got the AMTs .... don't have the little rear trailers .... but thinking might be worth giving the twin + trailer setup a try. So far i've tried the AM2 thruster set ... felt sluggish, the AM2s with the Roberts trailers not good, Roberts quad set went well but didn't feel like it had enough drive, Machado thruster set has felt the best so far. Haven't had good conditions to test but things have been picking up down here the last week or so with more on the way ....

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Try the JJF futures tri set.

It's all I've ridden in my Ghost and they always went well. I'm 160 and have ridden the mediums.

Quads are always a mystery to me.

Awesome .... i've got the AMTs .... don't have the little rear trailers .... but thinking might be worth giving the twin + trailer setup a try. So far i've tried the AM2 thruster set ... felt sluggish, the AM2s with the Roberts trailers not good, Roberts quad set went well but didn't feel like it had enough drive, Machado thruster set has felt the best so far. Haven't had good conditions to test but things have been picking up down here the last week or so with more on the way ....

Reactions: flyinraptr

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Try the JJF futures tri set.

It's all I've ridden in my Ghost and they always went well. I'm 160 and have ridden the mediums.

Quads are always a mystery to me.
Yeah ... i've been thinking the same thing ... fins are not easy to come by down here .. .been trying to see what works with what i've already got. It's about 6 weeks before our season starts so will probably put in order in ... takes about a month for me to get them.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
For me small wave quads with full foiled rears felt significantly "slower" so I much preferred flat inside or at least 80/20. That being said the rasta quads (symmetrical) have felt good when waves start to have more push.

To keep it Ghost related a few new additions to my quiver including 5'11 and 6'3 Ghosts on the right
1707266464280.jpeg

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
For me small wave quads with full foiled rears felt significantly "slower" so I much preferred flat inside or at least 80/20. That being said the rasta quads (symmetrical) have felt good when waves start to have more push.

To keep it Ghost related a few new additions to my quiver including 5'11 and 6'3 Ghosts on the right
View attachment 172282
Those look spicy. Tell us more about all those sick sleds. Models sizes dims.

Reactions: sozzle