Panama!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i was in bed, typing awkwardly on my iPAd, while simultaneously checking mileage award flights to two different countries and the various accommodations. Hence the leaverite scatter shot posting pattern

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Subway - Panama will be 2xoh. Jamaica 1.5x oh. Can’t lose either way. For convenience and culture I’d do JA. Right off the plane and into the surf.
never been to either, but i've done countless trips to central america, never Jamaica, let alone with the legendary Wilmot clan. Forecast I'm seeing only says 3/4 feet this weekend though but surfline only has "East Jamaica" as a region to forecast. Which foredast are you looking at? because if Jamaica, at/near Jamneisa surf resort, is going to be 1.5 OH, i can get there on miles alone (Panama city right now for a thursday flight is literally twice the miles than Kingston, and then I'd have to pay hundreds for a flight tot Bocas etc) I'd love to just show up, get right into it with waves and accomodations nearby, and spend a few days on a new island.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Looking at the chart, I'm seeing more energy towards Panama through the weekend, but a solid bit aimed at SE Jamaica too. Kingston area is where you'll be focusing. Call Billy directly. Tell him I sent you. He'll have a good sense of how big it'll be.1 876 750 0103 or 1 876 341 0488 - you can probably IM him on FB too.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
i was in bed, typing awkwardly on my iPAd, while simultaneously checking mileage award flights to two different countries and the various accommodations. Hence the leaverite scatter shot posting pattern

What were you wearing? :monkeyemoticon:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What were you wearing? :monkeyemoticon:
A collar of shame because I am subwaying the trip in terms of the original definition. Though come April I may own a dope ocean front condo in Vero and be heading to Bali for 12 days if all goes well

• Wow
Reactions: $kully

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
For the record I think i could make some waves like that. Big cloud break but frontside. It’s on the list

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Silverbacks must have some nuts bathymetry to take a 10-second swell and turn it into a cross between Nias, Lowers and Pipeline. There was a good feature on Surfline recently on why that part of the Caribbean gets such good surf. This is the same basic swell window for Carib Costa Rica and the SE coastline of Jamaica. That short period can actually be pretty terrifying on a big swell. Wave after wave after wave.
Zoo - Kingston, JA. RIP.

Wilmots Facebook album from Monday also looks super fun and just beefy enough to get the heart pumping a bit, especially with a 10:second period.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
if your interested in bocas del toro check out,, the instaG @shoot.me.at.bocas. OR, well they did already mentioned, red frog bungalows on instaG. it's been firing. These past few years we've been getting traveling pro surfers (which we didn't use to). Slater and fanning came. then nathan fletcher with mr dane reynolds. now nathan florence and some of his friends. I used to go and you'd only find traveling surfers/tourists types, and, of course brazilians, and argentinians, but they were pretty mediocre surfers. But this guys that are coming in now, are just ruling the lineups hehe. I can't surf it at that size anyway. i'll wait for it to drop some...

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Wilmots Facebook album from Monday also looks super fun and just beefy enough to get the heart pumping a bit, especially with a 10:second period.
Lots of surf down there last several days. I've surfed this spot - Makka point -- an incredibly fun wave when it's on.
1579180152606.png
That said, we just had a nearly week run of clean, occasionally head high surf here at Folly Beach. Now that was unusual.