Panama!

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Silverbacks must have some nuts bathymetry to take a 10-second swell and turn it into a cross between Nias, Lowers and Pipeline. There was a good feature on Surfline recently on why that part of the Caribbean gets such good surf. This is the same basic swell window for Carib Costa Rica and the SE coastline of Jamaica. That short period can actually be pretty terrifying on a big swell. Wave after wave after wave.
Zoo - Kingston, JA. RIP.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Anyone know a cool/reliable guide in panama for a last minute super efficient strike this weekend? forecast looks insane, flights on miles are free, and I still have weeks yet before my ear surgery. Never been to panama just want to head straight to the best surf in modest comfort :cool:

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Subway - I've heard good things about Red Frog in Bocas. That is a heavy beachbreak, but pangas can get you to the points. Sugg: go to Jamaica. Surf's gonna be nuts. Billy Wilmot/Jamnesia Surf Camp is super close to the Kingston airport - as is one of the island's best waves. Super easy strike from the northeast.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I could fly out Thursday afternoon. Spend Thursday night in SJ, then noon flight to Bocas, ideally being met by competent knowledgeable surf guide in a bad ass truck and boat and a nice play to stay. Surf Friday afternoon and all Saturday, Sunday morning before puddle jumper. Red eye back to jfk, work from home Monday. We are trying to be frugal ish these next few months though, that would still end up costing good money, even without the guide.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Don’t get me wrong, if I weren’t being spending-aware right now i would consider it it looks sick

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ooh I wouldgo surf a few days with the wilmots after all I’ve read of yours about them

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I could be in Kingston 2 pm Friday for the afternoon sesh. Leave Sunday afternoon get home late. only 59000 miles

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And a private bungalow room is 45 a night ( prob booked I could do hostel style bunk rooms)

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
But swell forecast way bigger in panama. Who am I kidding I have a potential real estate move I gotta focus on

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Anyone know a cool/reliable guide in panama for a last minute super efficient strike this weekend? forecast looks insane, flights on miles are free, and I still have weeks yet before my ear surgery. Never been to panama just want to head straight to the best surf in modest comfort :cool:
Red Frog was started by a fellow Gaucho friend, and one of the initial investors I grew up with in HI. Gets people waves and is a really nice guy. Tell Balough that Corndog says howzit!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
F*cking hell, Subway, did you outsource your posting to Leaverite?

Those top two waves are insane. But if you can stick a trip there and get that (or something a little less death) hell yeah. If you have the time and the means, go for it. You might not always.