paddling fatigue

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
My sister had the same response and I told her the research doesn't back up her assessment.

Like I said, I haven't read any published work on it. From my understanding there are risks associated with taking creatine though. I'd rather not fry my kidneys if I can help it.

Also, couldn't I just eat more salmon?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
that's a good point, i do notice a bit more energy the next day after a big sushi dinner (rice)

I just dropped like 25 pounds in the last 3 months from paying more attention to portion size, so as long as i keep doing that i could probably eat a few more carbs at night as long as I'm not ADDING to the meat and plants already on my plate.
Nice, good work. Yeah you could probably add 100-200 calories worth of carbs at dinner and still make progress. I like plantains, yellow and sweet potatoes because they are naturally self regulating, whereas it’s easy to overdo rice and wheat based carbs.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Like I said, I haven't read any published work on it. From my understanding there are risks associated with taking creatine though. I'd rather not fry my kidneys if I can help it.

Also, couldn't I just eat more salmon?
I think it's in red meat.

It don't hurt your kidneys.

I would just not supplement with supplements you don't want to supplement your diet with.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Yeah, I would do a low dose.

I would do fish oil and collagen and vitamin C too.

I would go super easy. Give yourself a long time to heal. Like three years.

My big accident in Bend, Oregon was three years ago. Temporarily paralyzed, underwater, went over two rapids head first and almost drowned. Spinal cord got punched at C3-C4. Probably had a concussion too. My recovery to get to 95% took two years. Only in the last six months have my nerves felt completely healed. So this is good advice: give yourself a three year horizon. Do what you can, but don't push too hard too early.

I would also find a really good kinesiologist, quickly. I'm convinced that helped my body heal in the best possible way.

Fish oil, collagen, vitamins, perhaps Alpha Lipoic acid, L-carnatine, NAC, D-Ribose.

When you're ready, check out Foundation Training. https://www.foundationtraining.com/ Another one on Instagram is Unbreakable Body. She seems pretty on top of things.

Good luck healing up. Stay positive.

Reactions: Havoc

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
tastes like shite, no buzz.

anyhow, did the deadlifts, farmers carries, TGU's, single leg deadlifts and core work, ate a banana and sculled 5mg odd creatine dissolved in warm water.

no surf so might go do a couple hours flats fishing.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No addictive. I have to force myself to take it.

You can put in a shake.

That is a good work out for surfing.

I would add military press.

And some rotation work

Nothing crazy.

If you are feeling crazy

I made a light weight one out of PVC and a soft ball to practice the moves. IF you buy one get a light one. I have a 10 pounder and it's heavy.

How much protein do are you eating?

Last edited: