paddling fatigue

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Did someone say flabby skinny milfs?:p
I'm not the guy stretching on the beach, never have been but going through those motions, through the range of motion must help get the blood flowing or warm things up to some benefit. No? Cold is a real factor for many and when I'm cold everything is more tense, movements more jerky. I am surprised if stretching doesn't help at all, but I'm glad I didn't waste all that time stretching on the beach like a peacock.
One day at daybreaks first light I was leaving the neighborhood when I saw something which at first seemed really odd, my neighbors son, a surfer fwiw, was in his mother's front yard with a mat doing yoga poses or something. Looked like the karate kid crouching tiger fighting dragon thing. I never said anything but I can nevet un-see it. I hope he didn't see me see him.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Did someone say flabby skinny milfs?:p
I'm not the guy stretching on the beach, never have been but going through those motions, through the range of motion must help get the blood flowing or warm things up to some benefit. No? Cold is a real factor for many and when I'm cold everything is more tense, movements more jerky. I am surprised if stretching doesn't help at all, but I'm glad I didn't waste all that time stretching on the beach like a peacock.
One day at daybreaks first light I was leaving the neighborhood when I saw something which at first seemed really odd, my neighbors son, a surfer fwiw, was in his mother's front yard with a mat doing yoga poses or something. Looked like the karate kid crouching tiger fighting dragon thing. I never said anything but I can nevet un-see it. I hope he didn't see me see him.
Warming up is important, especially when it's cold. A light jog does wonders for your surfing.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I'm still looking for the cause of my spasm and some preventative regimen.
There's no why, just when. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out.

As a an aging biped your body is going to go through a natural degeneration process as you age. If you would have had an MRI 5 or even 10 years ago I'm certain there would have been some sort of negative pathology found, but you've been pain free all this time.

The most important thing us older guys can do to minimize the natural degeneration process is get stronger because training under an external load will not just build your bodies natural defense mechanism (strength), it will also increase bone density, increase thickness of soft tissue like tendons and ligaments....and also remind us that we are still able to do hard things. Strong mind and body. How can you beat that.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
There's no why, just when. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out.

As a an aging biped your body is going to go through a natural degeneration process as you age. If you would have had an MRI 5 or even 10 years ago I'm certain there would have been some sort of negative pathology found, but you've been pain free all this time.

The most important thing us older guys can do to minimize the natural degeneration process is get stronger because training under an external load will not just build your bodies natural defense mechanism (strength), it will also increase bone density, increase thickness of soft tissue like tendons and ligaments....and also remind us that we are still able to do hard things. Strong mind and body. How can you beat that.
I was just at the pain management MD today. I was there simply because I had asked my primary care MD about a neck traction device. He handed the call to the pain MD. The pain MD said there is no research to show that the device is effective. He also said it was good that neither the ER doc nor my primary care MD ordered any kind of imaging. He said basically if they did any imaging they would probably find some problems and then I would obsess about it, even though they were not causing any problems. He said to the effect you're getting old. Deal with it. He gave a thumbs up to the idea of weight training. And told me to stay active.

One of the reasons I "liked" running marathons, was that mental battle that happens the last four or five miles, your body saying no and your mind/will saying yes.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I was just at the pain management MD today. I was there simply because I had asked my primary care MD about a neck traction device. He handed the call to the pain MD. The pain MD said there is no research to show that the device is effective. He also said it was good that neither the ER doc nor my primary care MD ordered any kind of imaging. He said basically if they did any imaging they would probably find some problems and then I would obsess about it, even though they were not causing any problems. He said to the effect you're getting old. Deal with it. He gave a thumbs up to the idea of weight training. And told me to stay active.

One of the reasons I "liked" running marathons, was that mental battle that happens the last four or five miles, your body saying no and your mind/will saying yes.
Glad to hear it.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>