*** Official The Eddie Big Wave Invitational Thread ***

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Good initial storm track but yet again, this storm peaks in intensity after it turns North towards the Gulf of Alaska which will limit size and consistency for Hawaii. Will it be BIG? Yes. A macking consistent 20ft+ Eddie worthy XXL swell? No chance!

Who's their forecaster/organizer that makes "The Bay Calls the day" call? This isn't rocket science!

This post did not age well.

Dec 27, 2020
The history lesson feels forced in the commentary, wish they would just call the heat and chat...almost seems like they are reading from a script. How hard is it to post the surfers, jersey colors and scores? Considering the nssa does it I suspect it cant be too tough. Really makes following along from a long distance easier.
That really pissed me off too. My hearing sucks and the captioning was a joke so it was really hard to follow. Then they started putting the heats up individually on the chat so if you were on full screen you didn't know what was going on. When they talked about Kimo the cc read chemo hollinger.

1000% on the surfing, camera work (but not the switching) and water safety. And The Bay !

Reactions: bluengreen

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
And much respect to Mike Ho, Ross Clarke-Jones, and Clyde Aikau (in the last contest) for surfing an Eddie event in their golden years. True chargers.

Mike Ho’s level of surfing at Waimea and Backdoor in his 60s is one of the greatest athletic feats in surfing history.