*** Official The Eddie Big Wave Invitational Thread ***

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I think they’re going to call it off, it’s already huge and we’re not even at the peak yet.

Last time they didn’t run cause it was too big, I ditched school, senior year of high school. We parked up at the heiau and hiked down the cliff. Smoked a giant joint and couldn’t figure out why they weren’t running. No phones back in 1998. Finally some hippie climbs up to us like a hobbit, which is fcking crazy to climb up from the valley, and says they aren’t running cause it was too big. Then he disappears into the bushes behind us.

So we just sat up there for hours. Smoking joints and watching gigantic and empty Waimea.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Leaderboard

1. Kai Lenny
2. Zeke Lau
3. Landon McNamara

Paige Alms going big and wiping out on the drop. Gets back up, waves off water patrol and paddles back out on her own. :jamon:

Reactions: $kully

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Luke had two great rides, one more and he wins it. I have no idea how they're scoring it. I don't know Luke, isn't he a lifeguard?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think they’re going to call it off, it’s already huge and we’re not even at the peak yet.

Last time they didn’t run cause it was too big, I ditched school, senior year of high school. We parked up at the heiau and hiked down the cliff. Smoked a giant joint and couldn’t figure out why they weren’t running. No phones back in 1998. Finally some hippie climbs up to us like a hobbit, which is fcking crazy to climb up from the valley, and says they aren’t running cause it was too big. Then he disappears into the bushes behind us.

So we just sat up there for hours. Smoking joints and watching gigantic and empty Waimea.
I hope they keep running, never forget Ramon Navarro successfully riding a closeout to the beach in 98 I thinks.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This seems really hard to judge - guys are making insane drops but getting blasted near the shoulder just by luck of the draw.

John John looks so smooth and stylish. Seems like that was the heat-winning wave.