*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
JFC this just reminded me I was like Nigel Tufnel with binding settings when I was a kid (and even more of an idiot).

Unless you're jumping cliffs onto flats, powder or otherwise, I'm sure 8 is fine. :roflmao:

But those mounts WTF? That shouldn't happen.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
JFC this just reminded me I was like Nigel Tufnel with binding settings when I was a kid (and even more of an idiot).

Unless you're jumping cliffs onto flats, powder or otherwise, I'm sure 8 is fine. :roflmao:

But those mounts WTF? That shouldn't happen.
for realz, right?

i think somebody sh!t the bed on the binding installation

one of the risks of buying used equipment i guess

Reactions: Kento

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Now your just making things up.

Abscond this, retard!

I would be so stocked to see that little pillow-to-pillow nugget. I might stroke out of anxiety worried some fruit booter was going to cruise through on narrow ass skis and literally buttfuck the landing pillow going ass-over-teakettle before I had a chance to lap back and cruise that overstuffed Sealy beautyrest.

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Holy smokes! 60"++ due for CA this week starting Wednesday...

Here is the NWS Point Forecast for KT-22 @ Squaw:

Thursday
Snow likely, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Very windy, with a southwest wind 35 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 26. Very windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 50 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 28. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Windy.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Breezy.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Breezy.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW

Thursday
Snow likely, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Very windy, with a southwest wind 35 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 26. Very windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 50 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 28. Very windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Windy.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Breezy.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Breezy.
My younger kid has slopestyle comps at NorthStar on Thursday and Mammoth on Tuesday. The first comp is looking iffy to run but my wife and I are headed out tomorrow to Tahoe and will be at Northstar Thursday (kid is already there with his team). Looking at the forecast and wondering what the move is for Friday and Saturday if we can even get out of our airbnb parking lot. I might grab a Homewood ticket to stay out of the wind a bit. I'd like to go to Squaw too if it will even be rideable in blizzard conditions. I might reserve a parking spot there too just in case. Sunday is supposed to be our travel day to Mammoth so hoping it really does clear up as forecast because the next few days in Mammoth should be great if we can get there.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
i don't really know anything about binding settings but i don't think so? had them release a few weeks ago and afterwards thought that maybe they could be a bit tighter.

View attachment 173775
I was a ski tech for a while in college. You're perfectly in the middle of the range. Your skis were remounted, so perhaps the old holes leaked and rotted the core.

I only use Look Pivot bindings. They can be run on a slightly lower DIN and I have never pre-released. Since I have size 13 feet, I don't need a high DIN... leverage et al. The Look Pivot 12 GW's are my choice, but if you have smaller feet the Pivot 15's are the ticket.

Reactions: crustBrother

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Just bought a Yes Greats Uninc when I got to Vancouver last week. I had not ridden an asymmetrical snowboard before. I am surprised with how good it works. Amazing board. Nice combination of the good elements of a twin, still can hold an edge, also carves and floats well. Yes snowboards hit the spot with this one!

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

Thursday
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
We were supposed to stay thru Friday but are bailing on Thursday before the heavy stuff comes in. Hopefully, the wind will stay away until noon.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The hype machine is cranked up to full on this blizzard. We'll see how it pans out. My Tahoe relatives are all "just another big storm, we'll deal..."

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
My younger kid has slopestyle comps at NorthStar on Thursday.... my wife and I are headed out tomorrow to Tahoe and will be at Northstar Thursday (kid is already there with his team). Looking at the forecast and wondering what the move is for Friday and Saturday if we can even get out of our airbnb parking lot. I might grab a Homewood ticket to stay out of the wind a bit. I'd like to go to Squaw too if it will even be rideable in blizzard conditions. I might reserve a parking spot there too just in case. Sunday is supposed to be our travel day to Mammoth so hoping it really does clear up as forecast because the next few days in Mammoth should be great if we can get there.
All I can say is good luck. From your posts I know you have all the experience you need, and know that this amount of accumulation in a 2-day period will close highways and possibly resorts.

If 4-5 feet stack up in 2-days, Squaw will be closed the day it breaks for avalanche danger.... as me how I know. :toilet: The heaviest of it is now set for Thursday night and Friday night but everywhere in between its still solid for days. This will shut a lot of things down for sure 100%

Thursday
Snow, mainly after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 10am. High near 34. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 25. Very windy, with a southwest wind around 40 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 28. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 19. Windy, with a southwest wind around 35 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 22. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow before 10pm, then snow showers likely after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Breezy.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
Sunday Night
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
Monday
A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The hype machine is cranked up to full on this blizzard. We'll see how it pans out. My Tahoe relatives are all "just another big storm, we'll deal..."
All I know is this dude’s forecasts have been money in the past so I wouldnt bet against him.