***Official Real Estate Thread***

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The whole thing is a joke and is nothing more than payback to developers for their campaign donations.

This is all thanks to one party rule in Sacramento.
I am not sure if things are different in California, but at the state/local level, the only editing needed is to replace Sacramento with Tallahassee to describe similar issues in Florida.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I am not sure if things are different in California, but at the state/local level, the only editing needed is to replace Sacramento with Tallahassee to describe similar issues in Florida.
Don't know about FL but in CA the main issue is out of control spending. We have plenty of $$$$ it's just wasted by the Dems in Sacramento. It's be very interesting to see what a full detailed audit of all State agencies would reveal.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Don't know about FL but in CA the main issue is out of control spending. We have plenty of $$$$ it's just wasted by the Dems in Sacramento. It's be very interesting to see what a full detailed audit of all State agencies would reveal.
I'm just saying the developer campaign contribution thing is a way of life here as well.

IMHO California's main issue = SF Bay is going to get The Big One'd
IMHO Florida's main issue = Jacksonville or Tampa is going to get 4'd or 5'd

YMMV

Reactions: npsp and Senor Sopa

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Unfortunately, SF Bay area reps in Sacramento with help from goons like Lorena Gonzalez push SBs 9&10 that basically strip away any local control of land use within a mile of any public transit hub (bus stop). Developers and their paid for governor, state senators and assembly people are, in conjunction with the the state AG, using these two bills to force their development projects through completely circumventing CEQA and local established zoning regulations.

The only way to counter this is to vote out all Democratic incumbents at state and local levels.
When SB827 was in the works back in 2017 thanks to Scott Weiner I made a bunch of posts about these "transportation corridors" and how the state was rearranging them.

People in seaside SLO county thought it was a great idea.lol.

Around my neighborhood you can now build up to 8 stories high and few blocks away up to 10 stories. Also, parking codes have been eliminated, so there are no parking requirements for any new project.

All this has been pushed through because of "climate change".

They want more density, and they want you to have the freedom of an e-bike (not a car).

This is what the people want, until they get it, then they complain, then they go and vote for the exact same candidates because the earth is burning up and trans.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
More housing supply = more affordable housing.
lol!

You know better than that.

And tell us more about how CA doesn't have to worry about water for all this new density...because those magic water-making inventions that don't exist yet but you know are going to exist will be supplying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
lol!

You know better than that.

And tell us more about how CA doesn't have to worry about water for all this new density...because those magic water-making inventions that don't exist yet but you know are going to exist will be supplying it.
I didn't tell you anything about water.

You're a condo dweller (presumably because you couldn't afford a SFH) trying to build a moat against anyone else affording your lifestyle.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I didn't tell you anything about water.
Do I need to pull up the posts where I'm asking about water vs increasing density, you tell me it's not to worry because of new water tech, and then admit you have no idea of any such water tech?

You're a condo dweller (presumably because you couldn't afford a SFH) trying to build a moat against anyone else affording your lifestyle.
Whatever that means.:rolleyes:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Welcome to the future.
  1. Pasture (clover, rye, bermuda and other grasses), 4.92 acre feet per acre
  2. Almonds and pistachios, 4.49 acre feet per acre
  3. Alfalfa, 4.48 acre feet per acre
  4. Citrus and subtropical fruits (grapefruit, lemons, oranges, dates, avocados, olives, jojoba), 4.23 acre feet per acre
  5. Sugar beets, 3.89 acre feet per acre
  6. Other deciduous fruits (applies, apricots, walnuts, cherries, peaches, nectarines, pears, plums, prunes, figs, kiwis), 3.7 acre feet per acre
  7. Cotton, 3.67 acre feet per acre
  8. Onions and garlic, 2.96 acre feet per acre
  9. Potatoes, 2.9 acre feet per acre
  10. Vineyards (table, raisin and wine grapes), 2.85 acre feet per acre